Username & Password required to access network

Hi

After some initial difficulty settting up a network so my HUB can see files on my PC, I have been enjoying this great functionality for a couple of weeks…

Today however, when I select Network Shares on the HUB to access my PC files, it hangs for a while, then I  am presented with a username & password screen. I haven’t changed anything on my PC & all I have done to the HUB is restart it (because I wanted to view some new content on my PC).

Any ideas?

Thanks…

Well, assuming the Username / Password you provide are CORRECT, then you need to go into the NETWORK SETUP section and turn AUTO LOGIN TO NETWORK SHARES back to ON.

Well, assuming the Username / Password you provide are CORRECT, then you need to  make sure you checkmark the “Remember” checkbox before you log in.

Thanks. Just need to remember what they are (pretty sure I disabled passwords for sharing on my pc). I suppose my real question is why is it asking me now? I checked the remember me box initially & I’ve used network shares loads of times since, without being asked. Is this something the hub does periodically?

No, it will only do that if you CLEARED the login info, or if the login with the saved credentials fails.

Thanks Tony

Don’t really understand how it happened, as I changed nothing, but by checking the remember me box again I can get back in.