USB Backups

Dear All, I’ve been using the wd Mycloud ex2 ultra for 2 years and ever since i’ve been using the usb backups.
At the moment they are not working anymore, and in the last days, the usb backup app appears as uninstalled and doesn’t allow me to install it again.

Could you please let me know how could i solve this?
I need to bring the backups back.
Thank you in advance.

You are probably now running under OS5 (and not OS3 anymore). This does not support an integrated USB backup and it is not coming back.

Hi, actually that’s true, thank you, what is the solution for doing my physical backups now?
I just bought a 12 TB wd external drive to have it all covered.
Please let me know.
Thank you.

Best
Eloi

Well different options.
(a) plug your external drive to a PC and do a backup (copy) of your NAS files to this PC - I do this with freefilesync which can synchronize folders easily. Note: this is not a backup rather a sync tool - which suits me, because i do not need incremental backups.
(b) plug you external drive to your NAS and ssh into it. Via the shell you can then backup your NAS to the external drive. But you are left on the linux console. Not very comfortable.
(c) you could use “goodsync” (commercial offer) which has also options - i have no experience there but this is what WD recommends as installable app.

Thank you so much! I’ll try option a) and will come back if needed!
Thank you for being so fast answering and helpful.

Cumprimentos
Elói Gonçalves