Upgrading WD Cloud Ex2 to Pr4100

Hello,

Our small company consisting of 120-200 users is looking to upgrade our WD Cloud Ex2, running Raid 1 NAS. We are currently looking at upgrading to the PR4100, running either Raid 5 or Raid 10. Does WD offer a seamless migration tool that will migrate all settings, users, shared folders, etc to the new NAS without manual reconfiguration? If not, how would we approach this subject making sure all of our files and settings are transfer?

I am not aware of any WD tool that allows migration of all settings and user data, since the two units are different in specs, apps, functions and other settings.

However, if you look around under the Backups tab in the EX2, there is something called Remote Backups, where in theory, you could link both units on the same LAN and get the EX2 to copy or sync all existing data onto the new PR4100. Quote: “You have a remote My Cloud system to backup this system to. Existing shares and data from this system will be copied to the target system in addition to previously existing data.”

And if you look under the Users tab in the EX2, there is a function to Add Multiple Users by creating up to 512 numbered accounts. There is also the Import Users function, where you download the example text file, edit it with the relevant parameters, and import it later. I am assuming there should be similar functions like these on the PR4100 too.