Undo Auto-Unlock For "This PC"

I want to reverse the auto unlock feature I’ve previously set-up. I want the password to always be needed. .

I am given no option when the page pops up when I click on Unlocker. I tried to run WDSecuritySetup, but the only option is Uninstall. Tried that anyway, but when re-installed there was no option to undo auto-unlock.

What can I do?

1 Like

You can follow the below steps to disable the Auto Unlock feature from the drive:

• Open WD Security and click on the My Passport drive icon
  • Select the “Change Password” option and uncheck the “Enable the Auto Unlock for this computer” option
  • type the current password in the “Current password Box”
  • type the new password and select “Remove Password”
  • click “Update Security Settings”
1 Like

Dear asp73 “the ■■■■■”…

" I am given no option when the page pops up when I click on Unlocker. "

there is no fckn option there !

:face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If you want to change WD Unlocker security options you cannot do this from WD Unlocker itself. You have to install a separate program called “WD Security” which you can download from the WD Support site. Once installed you can use WD Security to change and/or remove your password. Removing the password allows you to access the drive directly. Here’s a link to WD Support:
WD Security Download

1 Like