Reversing AutoUnlock

I’m using a WD My Passport External HDD (with Windows 10)

I enabled Auto Unlock on my PC. I now wish to reverse the process (that is to disable Auto Unlock after it has been enabled).

How can I do this?

Hi,

Try this:

Checkout Help WD Security. It doesn’t say how to remove the auto feature, but I should think you can remove the Password, then leave off the ‘auto unlock’ and reset the password. I don’t use password myself.

Cliff

I know this is old. But I wanted to reply because it’s the top search item when searching for issues with AutoUnlock.

The way to disable AutoUnlock is to run the WD Security software on your PC. If you do not have it, or cannot find it, there should be a WD software set up file on your currently unlocked Drive. Run it, and set up WD Security. There are a bunch of other programs too if you so choose (WD Quickview, WD Drive Utilities, etc). Once you have it up and running, you should see your Drive as one of the options, and there are very few choices to select.

Remove Password
Change Password
Disable auto unlock for this computer (select this, put in your password, and click “Update Security Settings”)
Done.

There is NO option after enabling AUTO unlock …

NOT AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL .
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just look at this !

I need to Remove or totally disable this app from my Passport .
but the autounlock is enabled before and there is no XXXX option to revert.