Trying to find info before purchasing a MyBook

I am trying to buy a compatible drive for my synology NAS. One drive that allegedly will work is the model WDBBGB0060HBK. Is this the same as WDBBGB0060HBK-NESN?

Also in the fine print it mentions [VID: 1058. PID: 25f6. Rev: 1008]. Can someone please advise on how I can verify this info before purchase?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

NESN is a country/region code … see here : Difference between EESN and PESN on WD

WDBBGB0060HBK doesn’t appear on the Synology Website as a tested compatible hard drive … probably because it’s not an internal hard drive. : https://www.synology.com/en-global/compatibility?search_by=category&category=hdds&filter_brand=Western%20Digital&filter_size=6TB&p=1

If you buy a My Book with the intention of removing from the enclosure there’s no guarantee what you’ll get as WD can change the class at any time. A My Book hard drive can be either a GREEN or BLUE class drive.

RED class is recommended for NAS’s … My Cloud’s have RED hard drives in their enclosure … have never seen any My Books with RED drives :confused:

VID = Vender ID : PID = Product ID : Rev = Firmware Revision (most likely)

If you’re intending to remove the hard drive from the enclosure to install into the Synology NAS … there’s no way to verify if it’s compatible outside it’s intended use as an External Hard Drive.

Thank you for the reply.
The drive I am researching is an external, and I’m also trying to figure out if the pid and ver etc… Are something I need to be concerned with.

check with Synology see which external product is compatible with their NAS. Most like all NAS products should allow you to add any external devices through the USB ports or USB-C ports.