Transmission client isn't available

Can you explain in more detail the way one can find setting.json file? What is the “ps”? I don’t know how to use the ssh protocol.

Hi,

I just tried what you say, but, it doesn’t save the changes.

In my old rasp, you should stop the service, modify the setting, and star the service, but here doesn’t works. It always restart with te same options.

This service works completely diferent…

Thank, worked perfectly.

Hi,

You have to go to dashboard → settings and under network you have a option ssh.
After activating you must set a password.
To login using windows go to a ssh using a program like ppty, if you are running windows 10 then you can use powershell, linux has it.
How to login is ssh sshd@ your_lokal_ip_to_the_divice and the just say yes and then password.
When you are in use the ps command, ps lists all the active process and yo can the see as @iqboss posted 3361 root 301m S transmission-daemon -M --port 9091 --config-dir /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Transmission/config --download-dir /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Transmission --pid-file /var/run/addon_transmission.pid where when ps list your process you will find your Transmission directory after--config-dir where in the exemple you can plain see /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Transmission as the dir to use.
To edit the file, i do advise to make a copy and then modify, exemple to do that is cp setting.json setting.json_old
The use the vi command to edit please see it here VI commands to use
I do hope this if ok and that in no way I want to steal credits, this is @iqboss work.

Cheers
Alex

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for solution. This is first time when I use Ssh and it’s works. I have remote access to Transmission.

You are welcome just remember if you restart NAS or stop and start Transmission from the UI. The rpc bind will default back to 127.0.0.1 then you will have to do the same thing again

Also if you kill the process it will also try to restart a new one with default local binding so the only way I find it work was after modify , send restart signal to pick up the change.

The only permanent fix will be WD change the transmission package to bind on 0.0.0.0 instead of local. I think might be their bug to fix

1 Like

Two restarts after edition settings.json and I still have remote access to Transmission. I don’t change nothing in settings.json after restarts.

“Added Transmission app support, which is available for download from web dashboard. Transmission app is only configurable via web dashboard as part of security enhancement”
I don’t think this is a bug…

Thank you for your help, @Alex_AAFD, but can you tell me how to do it with a MAC? I am trying to do it but I am having quite a few problems with the connection. I am trying to connect to the NAS by using CiberDuck, but every time I try to connect, the connection is rejected. That software only works with sftp (SSH File Transfer Protocol), so the line states like that “sftp://192.168.1.45:9091”. Is this correct or should I try another way?

Hi @tauut i do not know MAC but i belive it should be easy to set a ssh connection, probably like linux just try in the command line, ssh sshd@192.168.1.45
To clarefy the sshd is the user for my Mycloud Ex2 Ultra your could be another, not sure, and you can find it in help by looking for ssh.
Do not use the :9091 is only for calling the web interface from transition.
Since I don’t know MAC i can’t say for sure what tu use but you need to parse commands trough the ssh connection so i recommend something like a command line base program.
I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Alex

1 Like

you are the best thank you. transmission remote bug eliminated by @iqboss

I fell into a blunder like uploading the latest firmware file.
And now there is no transmission and other software for me. However, I bought this device for transmission.
How can I install Transmission manually? Otherwise, this device is now garbage.

Please would you kindly explain the process for beginners? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and regards

Thanks for this.
I have one question, it is possible to access transmission outside local network?
I have the ports open in router with a DDNS and give me an error 403:forbidden. I tried add it to rpc-whitelist and does not work.
Is this an issue with OS 5? I had this working in OS 3. -.-’

I use VPN to connect to Transmission outside network.

Can you give me a guide to config a VPN?

I use VPN configured in my router. I don’t know how look like in your home network.
You must find VPN option in your router end enable it. You also must have static IP or use DDNS if you have dynamic IP.

I’m searching for a solution. Thanks.

Hi All,
I’m having issues setting the scheduler.

I mean the scheduler is active but it seems like it doesn’t affect affect the queue, all torrent are still active 24/7

Just one more question: what’s the command do I need to use in order to edit the settings.json file? I am already in the directory but no idea about how to open/edit the text file from the terminal

Thank you again for your help

Hi!

After update OS5 Transmission stop when off Dashboard.
Not working P2P sharing…
Hot to fix it?

Sorry bad english…

Rob