WD Community

Transfer My Book Mac files to PC

Hi
I have a My Book for Mac that I had been using to back up files on my old macbook. The problem is my macbook has pretty much died. It can no longer be updated and freezes just after start up.

I have a Windows laptop. I want to know if it is possible to gain access to the back up files. I am particularly interested in the itunes library.

Thanks

Cassandra

It would depend on the current file system of your unit. Out of the box, the WD My Book for Mac comes HFS+, which is a Mac-optimized file system that is incompatible with Windows. On the other hand, if your hard drive had been formatted to FAT32 at some point you would only need to connect your unit.

If not, you will need an application able to grant access to Mac-formatted hard drives in Windows.

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.