TITAN LIVE *1.5.XX Now Available for 2.01.86*

@FireWire76

I have reverted back to the Mochi theme and there is no yellow icon… are you sure you used to have different views in files? I havnt altered this screen in anyway other than the background image which is generic.

Sorry I cant help.

@StefanS

I understand you like the old layout and I agree it was nice but I guess everyone will have their own opinion… for me personally I prefer the new layout for several reasons.

Firstly it cant be just nice to look at it needs to be workable/usable… but this new layout not only has speed advantages… It allows me to have bigger thumbs, it allows me to have a bigger overview font and more area so no cut off overviews… and it allows me to have backdrops which is a nice touch as well as the backdrops looking nice behind this layout as its not as busy.

Give it a shot and if you really prefer the 15 thumbs just go back :wink:

FireWire76 wrote:

dribbler wrote:

@FireWire76

Are you talking about the the “FILES” screen that you enter from the home page?

If so there is no yellow icon on that screen… I actually haven’t themed that screen and its functions are as original.

Hi.

Yes, that’s right.

Strange, maybe you are right about the icon. But I have always been able to change the list view there with the remote, both with original theme and the the Kudos theme which was the last one I used.

Very strange indeed… Are you sure there is no ‘general settings’ applied from your theme that may have disables this? Don´t know how the themes are built with files and so on, so excuse me for my noob thoughts =).

I always use ‘Files’-mode to watch movies, listen to music and so on, thats why I am sure this is changeable in the other themes. I almost never have used the ‘Movies’, ‘Photo’ and ‘Music’ menus.

Edit: I am starting to be unsure about original theme, maybe thats why I changed theme. I only used the original for a very short period when I bought the device. So maybe I am wrong about that. But I am totally sure it´s doable in Kudos theme.

Can I instead make this a feature request, that you add the possibility to change list view in ‘Files’-mode?

If I am not mistaken, the options in list view(both by icon and remote) is controlled in xml-files. I have seen in several files were certain views are disabled. Is there an xml-file that is for the ‘Files’-menu? I have searched the theme folder, but can´t find out which it could be. Any hint, so maybe I can change this manually.

Great theme.  I am coming from the black mamba. When I browse movies, the black mumba movie sheets are in the background with the Titan sheets layered on top. I get the same text written on both, so I`m assuming the Titan theme is using the text from the black mumba theme? What movie/TV show sheets do you recommend I use? 

Cheers

dribbler wrote:

@StefanS

I understand you like the old layout and I agree it was nice but I guess everyone will have their own opinion… for me personally I prefer the new layout for several reasons.

Firstly it cant be just nice to look at it needs to be workable/usable… but this new layout not only has speed advantages… It allows me to have bigger thumbs, it allows me to have a bigger overview font and more area so no cut off overviews… and it allows me to have backdrops which is a nice touch as well as the backdrops looking nice behind this layout as its not as busy.

Give it a shot and if you really prefer the 15 thumbs just go back :wink:

I will! Backdrops are really a good reason. Do you have any template what I could use for the Thumbgen?

Another thing what is actually better in terms of performance, lower size of JPEGs or lower resolution.

Right now I use following setting in Thumbgen:

th1.jpg

FireWire76 wrote:

If I am not mistaken, the options in list view(both by icon and remote) is controlled in xml-files. I have seen in several files were certain views are disabled. Is there an xml-file that is for the ‘Files’-menu? I have searched the theme folder, but can´t find out which it could be. Any hint, so maybe I can change this manually.

From what I can see in the xml files there is only one xml view and thats rv_file_list_browse_page.xml… list only.

I am no expert in xml but to create different views new xml files would need to be created for for each view.

vy_ss wrote:

Great theme.  I am coming from the black mamba. When I browse movies, the black mumba movie sheets are in the background with the Titan sheets layered on top. I get the same text written on both, so I`m assuming the Titan theme is using the text from the black mumba theme? What movie/TV show sheets do you recommend I use? 

Cheers

are you talking about linksheets?

I dont know a much at all about linksheets… I haven’t had the SMP for long and pretty much started doing this theme as soon as I got it… I am aware of linksheets but as i said I don’t know much about it… maybe someone can fill me in.

StefanS wrote:

I will! Backdrops are really a good reason. Do you have any template what I could use for the Thumbgen?

Another thing what is actually better in terms of performance, lower size of JPEGs or lower resolution.

Right now I use following setting in Thumbgen:

th1.jpg

• *> As I mentioned in the last post I haven’t looked into linksheets and the SMP is new to me.> I am not using Thumbgen and I just depend on the SMP to scrape all the information for me… I liked the fact that I didn’t need to use third party software to get my metadata… the only thing I miss is the mpaa rating… if I could get this on the screen (Australian rating) for each movie would be great. 

I am no expert in xml but to create different views new xml files would need to be created for for each view

“Views” are created in the Firmware … the XML’s are just pointers and interprete how they are displayed

Other themes with Moviesheets (created with thumbgen) have movie info hardcoded onto them

dribbler’s TITAN THEME is displaying movie info via scraped XML Metadata.

Combine the 2 … and you have double Text.

This is how Linksheets and Moviesheets work… (SMP has a 30MB limitation … unless you use Beta Homebrew)

WDTV Live Hub users do not require Homebrew.

Backdrops / Moviesheets – 2 Different Methods

1. Your Movie xml contains a tag to display an image. This only works in “Gallery View”

eg. The Dark Knight Rises_sheet.jpg

2. Linksheets, which work with every view. 

**SHEETS FOR FILES:  Rename the Moviesheet with a File Extension that matches your Movie File.
eg.
If you have… Watchmen.mkv  then Rename your Moviesheet to Watchmen.mkv  then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

SHEETS FOR FOLDERS:  Rename the Moviesheet with NO File Extension
eg.
If you have… MYMOVIES folder  then Rename your Moviesheet to MYMOVIES  then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

The File Path to Place Moviesheets is the Root of your Theme folder (ie. where all the XML files are)
  .wd_tv\theme\My Theme\ [Place Movie/LinkSheets here]   *

Finally the “Theme” designer includes these lines of XML code into their Theme which makes the “Linksheets” appear
For Gallery View: <image image=“@@browse_text” x=“0” y=“0” w="1280"h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>
For All Other Views: **

* For SMP users, once you’ve placed the linksheets in the root of your theme folder … rezip at root level and upload it to your SMP

JoeySmyth wrote:

I am no expert in xml but to create different views new xml files would need to be created for for each view

“Views” are created in the Firmware … the XML’s are just pointers and interprete how they are displayed

Awesome… thanks Joey for clearing that up.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Other themes with Moviesheets (created with thumbgen) have movie info hardcoded onto them

This is how Linksheets and Moviesheets work… (SMP has a 30MB limitation … unless you use Beta Homebrew)

1. Your Movie xml contains a tag to display an image. This only works in “Gallery View”

**SHEETS FOR FILES:  Rename the Moviesheet with a File Extension that matches your Movie File.
eg.
If you have… Watchmen.mkv  then Rename your Moviesheet to Watchmen.mkv  then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

eg.
If you have… MYMOVIES folder  then Rename your Moviesheet to MYMOVIES  then cut and paste it into your Theme Folder.

The File Path to Place Moviesheets is the Root of your Theme folder (ie. where all the XML files are)
  .wd_tv\theme\My Theme\ [Place Movie/LinkSheets here]

Finally the “Theme” designer includes these lines of XML code into their Theme which makes the “Linksheets” appear
For Gallery View: <image image=“@@browse_text” x=“0” y=“0” w="1280"h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

• *Great info… I may look into this one day soon.

Just wanted to say thanks for this theme.  Enjoy everything from the color scheme, icons, generous size for thumbnails, and as of latest version, usable speed!  Great work!!

Now that i had used this, Just wanted to thank you again, this theme is TOP notch!!

I am also VERY happy to see your theme uses the “Watched” icon so i know what i have not seen yet.

Way to many themes i have used are missing this needed little feacher.

Looking foward to any updates or future themes from you.

YOU ROCK!!

Cheers!

dribbler wrote:

JoeySmyth wrote:

eg.

eg.

.wd_tv\theme\My Theme\ [Place Movie/LinkSheets here]

• *Great info… I may look into this one day soon.

Cheers for the reply Joey. So this theme requires linksheets? Bit confused.

Theme is great. Big thanks Dribbler and the help from Joey!

I am new to the SMP. Been using a HUB since release but just got an SMP for another room a few days ago, and of course the first thing I wanted was to enhance the GUI. Install was simple and the theme looks fantastic. Really great job.

Now for the questions: XML for video on remote drives?

I have been using Linksheet themes and Thumbgen on the HUB for a long time and have no experience with the internal metadata scraper. From what I can tell, it does not work with network drives, which is where all my movies are, on a file server that feeds my HUB and Live+ as well.

I would like to generate XML files for each of the movies on my file server for Titan Live to use on my SMP. I have tested this manually, removing the tag from the XML, and it works great. Now to do that with a few thousand movies… What tool are people using to generate the XMLs for NAS / Network drives? I am assuming I could figure out how to do it in TG or HubGen, but if someone else here has already done the work and has a recomendation of a different tool,  or the TG/HG settings that would certainly make my life a lot easier.

Any advise from those of you in the same situation as me would be greatly appreciated. I understand that this is an SMP issue and not specific to this theme, but I figured that the XML structure I need to generate is specific to Titan Live, so this would be the appropriate place for this post.

Thanks for the great theme. Using it on my projector and the color scheme “pops” on the big screen.

-P

internal scaper does work for network drives - you must first add the share to the media library

or at least that’s how it’s supposed to work

but

thumbgen is really the way to go

linksheets you probably know the scoop

works but limited space, unless you use WDLXTV

Hello,

I have played around today pretty much with the two different gallery views of Titan Live 1.1 and Titan Live 1.2b.
For creating the movie covers and backdrops I have used different settings in Thumbgen.
I tried both cover resolutions 300x450 and 240x360. The resolution 240x360 for the covers gave a small navigation smoothness improvement.
I also reduced the cover sizes by using IrfanView with JPEG quality set to 80%, which reduced the .jpeg file size about 50%. This has not much influence on navigation speed, but could reduce the lags what you see once in a while.
Comparing the two gallery views the navigation speed is pretty similar, but page switching is faster in Titan Live 1.2 and I also would go for 1.2 if you like backdrops.

Here are my settings for Thumbgen for creating covers and backdrops.

[edit: removed link]

KAD79, thanks for the info, all very helpful.

"internal scaper does work for network drives - you must first add the share to the media library or at least that’s how it’s supposed to work"

Yup, that did the trick and worked fine. Added it to the media library for network shares and then had the option to scrape the metadata

“thumbgen is really the way to go”

Yeah, that’s what I figure. I done a lot of stuff with building and modding linksheets in the editor, but never anything to make XMLs. If it looks like a reasonably easy task to make the template, that is what I will go with.

“linksheets you probably know the scoop works but limited space, unless you use WDLXTV”

I plan to jsut use linksheets just for the Genre folders which should only take up around 5mb. I did a quick test that did not work, but will get back on it later tonight. Have used WDLXTV on the Gen1 live+ and liked it, but a bit too much work for the specific implemetation I am building out with this SMP. I just need a new media room up and running without having to do much t-shooting. Pre-Beta product may not be the most optimal way to have this thing done and bullet proof in a short time. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the info. Ill let you know how the TG template goes

-P

Indeed the internal scraper works for network drives, i did mine that way.

Turn media library on and add the drive/dir to your libery. Once this is done you will have the option to lookup the info.

On the other hand, i have not found a way to have it scrape a whole folder. It’s 1 a the time… SLOWWWWwww. lol

TV shows really **bleep** having to scrape 1 ep a the time. Selecting more than one file does not let you scrape.

Thumbgen is the way to go… or even easyer use WDTVHubGen.

EDIT

You beat me to it pearl lol

Just to clarify… This theme does not require linksheets.

Tonight if I have time I will be releasing a 1.2 version of the 5x3 layout as well as a newly made 3x2 layout 6 larger thumbs… To go with the 1x7 thumbs I released the other day.

You guys can choose which one suits you… All will have backdrops that you can removed if you wish.

I will neaten up the first page… Remove older links and put some screenshots up of the choices.

Cheers.

P.s. thanks to all for the kind words… Much appreciated.