TITAN LIVE *1.5.XX Now Available for 2.01.86*

This theme is amazing @dribbler! Will be installing it today when I get home!

Updates available first post :wink:

I found this discussion while searching for a new theme for my WD TV Plus.  I followed the directions that you gave, but I’m not sure what’s going on with my upload of the user interface theme.  It’s given the same window with a rotating dotted circle with “Please Wait” for HOURS!

Have I done something wrong?

Regards

RSA-Boyd wrote:

I found this discussion while searching for a new theme for my WD TV Plus.  I followed the directions that you gave, but I’m not sure what’s going on with my upload of the user interface theme.  It’s given the same window with a rotating dotted circle with “Please Wait” for HOURS!

Have I done something wrong?

Regards

This theme is for the WD TV Live SMP and could possibly work fine on the Hub.

Thanks dribbler for the quick reply!  I didn’t communicate very well.  I have the WDTV Live SMP.  I’ve never installed a new theme before.  I followed the directions that you gave several months ago.  I downloaded the Titan Live 1.2b.zip file.  After selecting this file for uploading, the “Please Wait” window with rotating dotted circle has been running for hours.

Any thoughts?

RSA-Boyd wrote:

Thanks dribbler for the quick reply!  I didn’t communicate very well.  I have the WDTV Live SMP.  I’ve never installed a new theme before.  I followed the directions that you gave several months ago.  I downloaded the Titan Live 1.2b.zip file.  After selecting this file for uploading, the “Please Wait” window with rotating dotted circle has been running for hours.

Any thoughts?

If your talking about the “Please Wait” that’s on your computers web browser then all you have to do is unplug the power from the WD and then after you re-connect simply re-install the theme again.

EDIT… sorry I will be clearer… after you re-connect and everything is back up and running then install the theme again.

I’ve had problems in the past installing themes using Internet Explorer. If this is the case I suggest you try another browser like Chrome. Hope this helps.

Where is 2x6 version etc. 1.2.26?

And is 2x6 must look like this

Untitled.jpg

if not could you make a version with this layout. I really like bigger thumbs , your is with 2x7 and they are too small on my 40" TV :slight_smile:

There is no 26 version… If you want the larger thumbs non gallery view then press the yellow button on your remote control to get the different views.

You may need to look at a different theme if you want larger thumbs… your not taking into consideration whats on the screen when you compare the two… things would need to be removed like the coloured icons above or the blue bar below to achieve what you want and I wont be doing that… sorry.

Cheers.

Installed this the other day and just wanted to say, thankyou very much, awesome theme.

Jamee.

Hello,  I would just like to ask if the three new themes, do we still have to edit the rv_galery xml to remove the backdrop or it is already edited to remove the backdrop.  Thanks, Nice theme BTW.

Jla888 wrote:

Hello,  I would just like to ask if the three new themes, do we still have to edit the rv_galery xml to remove the backdrop or it is already edited to remove the backdrop.  Thanks, Nice theme BTW.

Hi and thanks… all 3 themes have the backdrops active so yes the rv_gallery.xml would need to be edited as described in the first post if you don’t want backdrops.

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply dribbler,  I would do that,  Thanks

I have further optimized my setup:

1. Using Titan Live 1.2.35 with no backdrops

2. Creating movie covers in 240x360 and 3 backdrops (optional) with Thumbgen

3. Optimizing the created .jpgs with jpegoptim (reduced more than half of the size and similar quality)

Now everything is pretty smooth.

Maybe it’s useful for somebody:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5b9naumlbz5qnq

A lot of thanks again to dribbler for this great theme.

hello again,  I would like to know if its possible to edit via xml to remove the delete option when we press the option button while playing a file.  I dont delete a file via the smp anyway,  I do the deleting on the pc.  This is just to prevent the kids from accidentally deleting something using the remote.  Thanks.

Hi all,

So I can tell everyone that I have managed to make a linksheet theme of the .17 version… however it has its problems!!!

I used the tag method to call for the sheet… reason I went for this method is because of the size limitations on the SMP… with the other method the sheets need to be placed in the theme and installed as part of the theme… I didn’t like that idea.

Anyway I have been successful in using Thumbgen to create 3 sheets that fade out and in to give the effect of the backdrop changing… the text on each sheet is identical of course so it gives the illusion of just the image changing… looks great.

I have been successful in getting Thumbgen to create the movie.xml to call for these backdrops.

OK so whats the problem I hear you ask… well when I stop over a movie thumb I see the RV-BG.jpg for about 3 seconds followed by a black screen for about 2 seconds then finally the backdrops start to show… so there is a wait of about 5 seconds before you see any movie info… for me this is not acceptable! so unless there is a way of getting the backdrops to show instantly or close to then I will scrap this.

At the moment my movies and backdrops etc are on a HD connected to my PC… I use network share over WIFI to get them to the WD… I am guessing that this could delay the calling of the backdrops.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great :slight_smile:

Cheers.

the solution of coarse is the linksheets option

sheets display instantly

but with the SMP’s limited space WDLXTV is needed

WDLXTV allows you to run the theme from thumdrive

or to use actuall symlinks to display your linksheets

since the hub does not have the space limitations

hub users don’t need WDLXTV to take full advantage of linksheets

Thanks Kad79,

I have just learnt that I have made a Moviesheet not a Linksheet.

The problem I have with a Linksheet is the need for custom firmware… I was happy not depending on custom firmware with this unit… Also using the tag I have 3 images being displayed fading in and out wich gives the effect of the backdrop changing and works really well… My guess is with Linksheets you can only have one image right?

If it wasnt for the delay with the tag, Moviesheets would be a perfect method… Its a shame!

Hey dribbler, do you have the psd’s for the main_videos_icon_f.png  and   main_videos_icon_n.png?

I know you were trying to achieve the Titan theme from mediaportal and did so fantastic!! I love it!!

I just need all the psd’s needed so i can change it from " movies" to “media” I never did like the word MOVIES used when its not just about movies.

Looks kinda funny seeing MOVIES when you are viewing your TV Series collection or other non movie content.

I just played around in PS quick to show you what i mean.

If i could get all the psd’s needed to change proper whats needed that would be great.

Thanks again for this wonderful theme!

Thanks for the kind help dribbler :slight_smile:

Cheers!