TITAN LIVE *1.5.XX Now Available for 2.01.86*

@ValeVale

Good spotting… There are a couple of small things I need to do so I will fix this also.

Thanks.

definete speed improvements with 1.1  :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I will soon be uploading a new version with some more speed improvements with help from JoeySmyth.

I also made a major change to the gallery view solely to speed it up… 7 thumbs at the bottom and I can say its lightning fast in comparison to the old one… less thumbs on the screen at any one time makes a huge difference as you will see.

I have fixed up some graphic niggles I had including the Picture that should have been PICTURE.

I also intend to release a version with a different background as the home screen background on this theme is not interchangeable… so I want to add an option for everyone.

Cant think of anything else.

Cheers.

1 Like

Very nice work,

I can see you were inspired by the mediaportal media center …witch i love.

Going to check this out now. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for the lovely work mate :slight_smile:

I have been using a modified version of your NeatSheet AllBlack in Wall Mode on the WDTV Live (G2) for ages and was stoked find you had done a sheet for the SMP (which I just purchased this week!).

I love not having to generate sheets manually all the time with the new player! The only drawback is the mess left behind by the internal scrapper (I had all my moviesheets in a central directory with the b-rad firmware).

I’ve had a play with XML sheets for themes, but alot of it is very foreign to me - do you know if it’s possible to display text from the metadata file in list mode, I would love to have a synopsis for the focused title displayed?

Thanks again for the great work - will be bookmarking this page for updates (thanks to yourself and JoeySmyth for the extra work in speeding up the browsing!!)

Hi.

First off, BIG thanks for this nice theme. I really enjoy it and your hard work is appreciated.

I noticed what I think is a bug with this theme. When changing subtitle with standard theme or other themes, the bottom bar is shown and you can see what subtitle(number and language) you are choosing. But with this theme activated, the bar isn´t shown, so changing subtitle becomes a guessing game if you don´t press the ‘OK’ button before, to force the bar to be shown.

Thats the only issue I´ve had with this theme. Everything else works really nice.

Best regards,

FireWire

@jdbug

Thanks for the feedback… Its nice to hear comments like this after all the time and work put in… so cheers.

In regards to your question when changing to list mode it simply shows the the list view which can also be done with the coloured buttons (change view). List mode will not show synopsis… Metadata can only be seen in Gallery view… Now in saying that can Gallery view be modified to have a list instead of thumbs? probably!.. however I am not sure… maybe Joey can clarfiy this.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

@FireWire76

Thanks also…

I always planned on adding this info back but in all honesty forgot so thanks for bringing it up… It has been put back in and will be in the next release.

Cheers.

Hi  dribbler

I am trying this superb looking theme and have found the new version to be really quick compared to some others.

My question is what sheet do you reccomend looks best with Titan Live.

Thanks Paul

dribber Wrote: _ Now in saying that can Gallery view be modified to have a list instead of thumbs? probably! _

Nope :cry:  (tried many times and countless hours/days/weeks…  and could’nt achieve it)

thank the WD “Gallery View” Development team for that limitation…

Thanks JoeySmyth and Dribbler for all your hard work, and for the feedback - much appreciated!

I’ll stop butting heads with list mode and go with the flow - still a great machine and a step up from the G2.

Will be watching you guys for more theme magic  :smileyvery-happy:

Hi and thanks! The theme looks fantastic!!!

I see in the preview pictures that there are thumbnails for each of the movies presented in a lovely format. What settings do I need to change to go from a simplelisting of movies available to something like this screen? This screen will be so much easier for the kids to find what they want to watch!

Cheers

Hi all,

Please find on the first page available for download Titan Live 1.2b

Cheers.

@BiloPete

Thanks…

You can change the view by pressing the yellow button on the remote… Check out the latest release… you may find the new gallery view is better for your needs.

Cheers.

To be honest I prefer the old gallery view as it’s almost as fast. My thumbnails are 300x450 with max. 70 kb. I think that even this could be reduced. What do you use? Is it possible to have two gallery views.

Bugreport(maybe);

In ‘File’-mode, change of listview doesn´t work. The yellow icon is missing and pressing the yellow button on the remote doesn´t work. Possible to enable this?

Hi StefanS,

I dont understand how you can think this as you had issues with the navigation speed, download it and try it first then see what you think.

@FireWire76

Are you talking about the the “FILES” screen that you enter from the home page?

If so there is no yellow icon on that screen… I actually haven’t themed that screen and its functions are as original.

dribbler wrote:

Hi StefanS,

I dont understand how you can think this as you had issues with the navigation speed, download it and try it first then see what you think.

This is what I have done. I had significant speed improvements with 1.1 and no backdrops. With 1.2 of course it’s faster, but not that much. But I prefer the overview of the old gallery view. Anyway thanks for all of your efforts.

dribbler wrote:

@FireWire76

Are you talking about the the “FILES” screen that you enter from the home page?

If so there is no yellow icon on that screen… I actually haven’t themed that screen and its functions are as original.

Hi.

Yes, that’s right.

Strange, maybe you are right about the icon. But I have always been able to change the list view there with the remote, both with original theme and the the Kudos theme which was the last one I used.

Very strange indeed… Are you sure there is no ‘general settings’ applied from your theme that may have disables this? Don´t know how the themes are built with files and so on, so excuse me for my noob thoughts =).

I always use ‘Files’-mode to watch movies, listen to music and so on, thats why I am sure this is changeable in the other themes. I almost never have used the ‘Movies’, ‘Photo’ and ‘Music’ menus.

Edit: I am starting to be unsure about original theme, maybe thats why I changed theme. I only used the original for a very short period when I bought the device. So maybe I am wrong about that. But I am totally sure it´s doable in Kudos theme.

Can I instead make this a feature request, that you add the possibility to change list view in ‘Files’-mode?