TimeMachine Backup on OS5 - not supported

Hi all,

I got a MyCloudMirror (Firmware-Version : 5.19.117) and for 3 weeks it’s not able to create TimeMachine backups anymore. I’m able to connect to the MyCloudMirror but once I try to select my TimeMachine backup on there, I get the following error message on my MacBook Pro (OS 12.1):

Das ausgewählte Backup-Volume im Netzwerk unterstützt die notwendigen Funktionen nicht. Bitte wähle ein anderes Netzwerk-Backup-Volume.

(translates to: “The selected network backup volume does not support the necessary functions. Please choose another network backup volume.”)

Any ideas on what to do?

Best
Tom

hey. It has been already mentioned that latest OS firmware has TimeMachine bug. Set your TimeMachine drive to use 100% of the disk space and it should start working…

1 Like

Ich musste zusätzlich ein neues Share/Plattennamen
Erstellen.
Unter Einstellungen beim NAS-Dashboard dann diesen unter TimeMachine-Konfiguration auswählen. Dann konnte ich ein neues Backup im macOS erstellen.

Thanks for your replies… as both solutions did not work, I waited for the new OS firmware update. Now I got 5.20.113 but it still isn’t working… Any further ideas?