Thumbgen - Q & A

Thanks for your response but like I said with the import option the program only import image in the backdrop tab but doesn’t apply it to the template. And it’s the same for the thumbnail.

There are a checkbox in the main page under the collector’s source to doesn’t use the website for template and use only local image. I will test this option.

Yes, it does apply it to the template and to the thumbnail.  If it doesn’t, then you have something set up wrong.

This is how I have mine set up and it works without any problems.

Ok so it works !! thanks.

So this solution generate many files for a single movie but now I will be able to generate quickly new moviesheet automatically.

For a movie you have :

• filename.mkv

• filename.jpg  (cover box)

• filename.xml (metadata file for the hub)

• filename.mkv.tgmd (metadata file for thumbgen)

• filename_cover.jpg (cover image)

• filename_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

• filename_background.jpg (background image)

For the .tgmd you need to check the “Main/Extra movisheet metadata” option in the page “General” of option.

To load it automatically from this file you need to check the option “Disable search” in the main page at the left under the collectors and in the option “Movie Info” put at the top “Metadata movie info (from .tgmd file)” to take in priority this file for metadata.

For the background and the cover you just have to follow indications in the previous post of Tinwarble. (options “Import Images” and “Export Images”).

Many thanks Tinwarble I was tired to generate each week my moviesheets :) 

Just one other note, you may also want to set this as a seperate Profile, so the you have one profile for gathering new data and one for regenerating everthing.

So you have 2 profiles like this:

Hub Moviesheets New  &

Hub Moviesheets Re-gen

Because when you regenerate, you want to make sure that you deselect generate .nfo (xml) so that you don’t overwrite your edited metadata xml.  Or you’ll find yourself having to re-edit them over and over again.

Hi TW, could you tell me how to disable the inclusion of backdrop and poster images in the XML through thumbgen.

These lines in the xml:

http://cf1.imgobject.com/posters/5aa/4c8dd1925e73d6068c0005aa/300-original.jpg
  http://cf1.imgobject.com/posters/dd9/4de3fd8a5e73d60b06000dd9/300-original.jpg
  http://cf1.imgobject.com/posters/a8a/4e1601785e73d67b6d000a8a/300-original.jpg
  http://cf1.imgobject.com/backdrops/ab5/4bc90fa9017a3c57fe005ab5/300-original.jpg
  http://cf1.imgobject.com/backdrops/ac9/4bc90fad017a3c57fe005ac9/300-original.jpg

etc etc etc

Much appreciated

There’s no way to disable it in the current version of TG. 

However you download a previous version from HERE and it will not generate the backdrop lines.  Just copy it to a different folder and you can run multiple versions of TG.  The only thing is, that using the previous version will not get the trailers for your movies.

1 Like

Tinwarble wrote:

There’s no way to disable it in the current version of TG. 

However you download a previous version from HERE and it will not generate the backdrop lines.  Just copy it to a different folder and you can run multiple versions of TG.  The only thing is, that using the previous version will not get the trailers for your movies.

Thanks TW, Am I right in saying theres no way of disabling the backdrops somewhere in the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml ?

Thanks TW, Am I right in saying theres no way of disabling the backdrops somewhere in the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml ?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Disable-backdrop-in-video-content-WP-Media-Hub/m-p/74996#M173

One of the recent additions to TG is “trailers from IMDB”. Where is this implemented, can WE (live hub people)  use this and How ?

Well, I just tried it and it doesn’t seem to work.  Looks as though the HUB looks for a youtube url before it will even display “Watch trailer” in the options menu.

But there really should be any need to use IMDB anyway, since I haven’t come across any of my movies that I couldn’t find a youtube trailer for, or with a search multiple trailers.

I just finished generating like 150 different moviesheets for Mojo MSP. I’m using the guide TW made, is there anything different about thumbgen now or do i still have to go thru every sheet and edit the xml ?

Its my last step, probably shouldn’t of generated so many sheets without reading the full guide cause this could take a while.

The new version will add the moviesheets to the xml for you now. In Options, select the “Movie info” tab, and you will see “Store cover/backdrops links into the movieinfo file”, in the dropdown box select “Store links to moviesheets (the current settings for moviesheets will be used)”

If you are generating multiple moviesheets, all the moviesheets will be stored in the xml, that includes coverboxes.  I you are generating thumbnail coverboxes you may want to edit them out of the xml, but if you have your Photo Slideshow settings for 5 min. then it really isn’t neseccary, because the main moviesheet will always be first in the xml.

1 Like

So if i select this option, that means that i wont have to edit all the xml files, like the last step in the guide says ?

I already generated all the moviesheets before i turned on this option is there a way to redo the xml with the option or will i have to redo all the sheets again ?

Correct, if you set TG as I stated before, you shouldn’t have to edit the xml.

As for the one’s that you have already generated, yes, you’ll either have to regenerate or edit the xml.

Tinwarble

First off i want to thank you for all the time you put into this,themes,forums ect :slight_smile: I just came across the last post and changed settings so i dont have to edit .xml files like stated in tutorial. My question is do we still need to rename the .png file to .jpg  in the xml as mine shows like this

Matthew Vaughn
  Bad Hat Harry Productions / Donners’ Company / Marv Films
  X-Men First Class_sheet.jpg
  X-Men First Class.png

X-Men First Class.mkv
  N/A

I am using the Ms ver of Mojo and as it stands i have all my files in sep folders until i redo them all with thumbgen then i will move to folders like you guys action ect. Once again thanks alot for all you do to make my movie player rock :slight_smile:

The .png is actually the coverart, not the sheet.  The moviesheet is designated by:

X-Men First Class_sheet.jpg

You don’t have to change anything in the xml (unless you also generate the fanart), however I personally still go in and delete the line that points to the coverart:

X-Men First Class.png

But you don’t have to.

You do still have to rename the actually coverart image though from:

X-men First Class.png  to

X-men First Class.jpg

Or your coverart will not display correctly.  If you don’t the transparency will not display correctly and the quality of the image will be bad.

Also, just so you know, there will be an update for MS Mojo coming this weekend which will have a new moviesheet.  The old moviesheet will still work, but if you like this one, you may want to hold up on generating moviesheets until this release.

View pic HERE.

1 Like

Oh yes I do like and thanks for the fast response. I am with you I think I will delete that line and use your nice .Bat file to do the rest of the dirty work on them .png :slight_smile: Also I am not sure how you are about this but TG could sure use a donate button :slight_smile: I know you would have a 20 from me, just my 2cents. My wife just got me this a couple days ago for my B-day and I am loving it :smileyvery-happy:  Keep up the awsome work

TG does take donations. You can donate to him HERE and I’m sure that he would appreciate it.:smileyvery-happy:

Good deal, i did not look there… I was looking inside the program for a button (which i could have missed anyways). Its on the way :smileyvery-happy:

I am sorry i thought in all my readings the past 24 hours that this was your program (slaps self)

Nope, I wish I had, but the only thing that I developed are the themes.  But I will take donations in the form of a little click on that Kudos star to the left.  I’m farily cheep…:smileyvery-happy:

2 Likes