Thumbgen - Q & A

LAST QUESTION I PROMISE(for a while :stuck_out_tongue:)

Just a few abbreviations which I’m still not familiar with yet. What is (from your excellent TG tutorial) “(MS) and (MSP)” also “osd”?

MS & MSP are just 2 different versions of Mojo.

MS = Moviesheet

MSP = Moviesheet with Perspective poster.

The “OSD” is the original theme (Mochi).  In the firmware the “OSD” folder is the theme folder.

1 Like

Ok Ive become abit stuck again. While following this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbkWtoA7GSI

I got to the part where I have selected “dribblers_Ultimate_glass_SHEET”, however I have a black background rather than transparent in the video. Ive made sure PNG is selected within the options and Ive even cleared the background within the “tools” tab under moviesheet editor… Im not getting this problem with the template “Aeonish Hub Movie TGTMP” so I have no idea what Im doing wrong if anything?.

Solution to my own question is Download this file which is the updated file for the hub:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7e0s0x27y67p9ra

Ok Ive been messing around to see if I can get a moviesheet working in osdModHub 1.0 and Legacy theme. I generated all the files with TG:

300.avi

300.jpg

300.xml

300_sheet.jpg - Generated Moviesheet

etc etc

Ive put all the files into a folder called “test folder”, restarted the hub and waited for the compiling to finish. Upon going into gallery view I see no moviesheet that Ive generated?, have I named something wrong or are the two themes I’ve tried using not compatible with moviesheets?.. if thats the case how do I enable moviesheets within those themes?

Are you running firmware version 2.06.10?

Did you edit the xml (from your example it would be the 300.xml) to have 300_sheet.jpg?

Also, you should know that those themes have not been updated to be compatilble with the 2.06.10 FW.

1 Like

Tinwarble wrote:

Are you running firmware version 2.06.10?

Did you edit the xml (from your example it would be the 300.xml) to have 300_sheet.jpg?

Also, you should know that those themes have not been updated to be compatilble with the 2.06.10 FW.

Yeah I’m on 2.06.10 FW. Edit xml? erm… no, should I have?

Hi TW, do I edit the xml to include this line “_300_sheet.jpg_”, where in the xml should it go?

Yes, as stated on the last page of my tutorial, you have to edit the xml to get the moviesheets to show up.

This goes for any theme other than JoeySmyths Aeonish Theme, which uses a different method.  However, even he has an alternate theme that does use this method also.

But, moviesheets may not look right using the osdmodHub theme or_ Legacy_ theme because they have not been modified to use moviesheets.  Also, as I said, these themes are based on ealier firmware and have NOT been updated to include the changes that are in the newest firmware.

You should also know that the “osd” in osdmodHub theme does not stand for the “OSD” which is the Mochi default theme.  This is just the name that the Author decided to name their theme.  The true OSD (Mochi) theme can be found HERE.  If you are trying to make your own theme, then this is what you will need to make it.

1 Like

shagratt71 wrote:

Hi TW, do I edit the xml to include this line “_300_sheet.jpg_”, where in the xml should it go?

Look at the last 2 pages of the tutorial.

1 Like

Tinwarble wrote:

shagratt71 wrote:

• *> * * *
      Tinwarble wrote:

shagratt71 wrote:

Thanks mate,  How come TG has no option to do this automatically?.  Also what templates/themes are upto date with the latest firmware and are MS compatible?

Because this is realtively a new thing, which was only discovered about a week or so ago.

Thumbgen has probably been made aware that this is possible, and has had request to include this method in TG, but he, like all of us, works on TG on his spare time and it takes a while to get these things implemented.

As to your second question.  The only 2 themes right now that use local backdrops are my Mojo (MS) & (MSP) versions and JoeySmyths Aeonish theme (the alternate version).  And these 2 themes are not compatible with one another, meaning you have to have the right moviesheet for each theme.

The only moviesheets available are the one for my theme and the one for JoeySmyths theme.  And these will only work for the theme they were made for.

1 Like

Wow what a steep learning curve!, I think I’m starting to understand a few things now thanks to you and a couple of others.  So the only thing that sets JoeySmyths  theme apart from everyone elses is that he uses only one moviesheet for both the cover and artwork yeah? (and obviously has used the locally stored background trick by Justmeme).

Yes, you pretty much have it I think.  Just to let you know though, I do have a version of Mojo that also uses the same trick as JoeySmyths theme, which can be download from HERE.

And yes, there is a lot to learn.

1 Like

deleted

Quick question: what are  .tgmd files for? and are they needed?:smiley:

Thumbgen Website:

http://thumbgen.org/

Thumbgen Support Page:

http://thumbgen.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=6&Itemid=54

Thumbgen FAQ Page: (What is Metadata .tgmd ?)

http://thumbgen.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:art-metadata&catid=35:faq-general&Itemid=54

1 Like

.tgmd stands for ThumbGen MetaData.

This is a internal Thumbgen file that stores the info for a file that you have already scraped the data for.  It allows you to get the data for a file faster if you decided to redo that file.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a problem I don’t see the backdrop.

Is there a trick when you have a space caracter or a special caracter in your filename ?

For example my movisheet have this name : Au-delà (2010)_sheet.jpg

I have another question :

Is it possible to keep the background image with this name for example : filename_background.jpg and then import it automatically in thumbgen to create the moviesheet ? With the thumbnail filename_cover.jpg and the metadata file we could create automatically all the necessary file for a theme without manual interaction with the program.

With this method we will be able to change the theme easily and quickly.

I tried a bit the import image option but it just add the files in the backdrop tab without apply them in the template.

Thanks.

PS: I quickly created a tv template for mojo msp you can find it here :  TW TV Double No Cover

If you are not agree with that tell me I will remove it.

If you don’t see the backdrop, unplug the power cord then plug it back in, once the HUB gets through compiling check to see if you can see the backdrop.

You can’t use special characters in you file name because Windows doesn’t allow special character in file naming.

As for you second question, YES.

For the background, go to “Options”, then click on “Export Images”, then under “Background” check the box next to “Export image to”, then in the input box enter “$M$N_background”

This should save the background that you use in the sheet as “filename_background.jpg”

For the coverart thumbnail, click on “Input/Output naming” tab and in the input box enter “$M$N_cover”.   This is already described in the Tutorial.

This will save the coverart that you use as “filename_cover.jpg”

Then click on “Import Images” tab, and check the first and second box, and enter in the input boxes “$M$N_cover” as cover and “$M$N_background” as background.