Thumbgen - Q & A

Done Deal

TW, i tried all the themes and liked the MS MOJO best. Waiting for the new template for this. Kudos to you for developing this theme.

My thumbnails (the title on the thumbnail) are generated using a different language other than english. Could you please suggest me a good provider to choose from from the thumbgen for thumbnails? Thanks in advance.

I’m glad that you enjoy the theme.  But as far as which provider you should use for non-english thumbnails, I can’t really tell you.  Since first, I don’t know what language you are looking for, and second I only speak 2 languages; english and bad english.:smileyvery-happy:

I know that thetvdb.com provider will pull up some non-english thumbnails, but as far as knowing which providers are language specific, I can’t help you much.  I would suggest that you might check over at the TG forum HERE for an answer to that.

1 Like

Thanks for the theme Tinwarble

Quick question, I have used the “Spare Movie Sheet” method with your DVD box templates, and have found that it will only generate the first image that is pulled up from the Chosen Database, My question is how do you select any generated images other than the first one, or , how to use a personal image form your hard drive and get it to pull into DVD box art template.

Thanks

You just click on the images for the coverart in the list to the left, then select the spare moviesheet tab and click on the green check mark under the coverart (not the moviesheet).

To select one that is on you hard drive just click on the folder icon under the coverart, then navigate to where your image is and select it, then select the spare moviesheet tab and click on the the green check mark under your coverart.

I have my series structured like this:

series\show name\filename.avi

but when thumbgen searching for the show in question it says [searching for " series "] instead of the show name.

Why’s that?

Movie info gathering works fine btw… 

And I’m using 1.2.7.4

standard settings in TG require it to be:

Seriesfolder/seasonfolder/filename.avi

There is a checkbox in TG if you have each episode in their own folder. must check this box

Then your folders should be:

Seriesfolder/seasonfolder/episodefolder/filename.avi

Just as drizzt09 said, you must have your file structure in a particular way for TG.

An example would be:

Fringe (folder)

Season 1 (folder)

Fringe S01E01 - Pilot.avi

Fringe S01E02 - The Same Old Story.avi

Fringe S01E03 - The Ghost Network.avi

etc.

Season 2 (folder)

Fringe S02E01 - A New Day in the Old Town.avi

Fringe S02E02 - Fracture.avi

etc.

Now, this is how I have my files named, but you can use just “Fringe S01E01.avi”.

Thank you for your fast reply. Now it works! Thank you.

Another Q: Is it possible to use the default ThumbGen template on the live hub?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/picvdb.jpg/

Yes, if you design a theme around that template.  However, if you are using a theme from here, you have to use the template that goes with that theme.

Unfortunatley, the way moviesheets are implemented on the HUB it is not possible to use any template you want.  Themes are designed to use specific moviesheets and those are the only moviesheets you can use.

I saw you posted this in another thread, I figure this is the appropiate place to ask this question

Tinwarble wrote:

The reason that you have 2 different ratings is because the rating in the “Movie information” plane is from IMDb as where the rating on the moviesheet is from TMDB.

The only way to keep this from happening is to go to “Options” then select the “IMDb Optons” and select “Do not use movie info from IMDb to fill missing movie info items”.

Or you can select “Discard existing movie info and always use the complete IMDb movie info”.  This will use only the info from IMDb and not the preferred collector.

How about checking “Use always the IMDB rating”, would that do the same thing?. If I only want the IMDB movie info, would I have to regenerate all new .tgmd files or would Thumbgen replace the movie info only without having to generate new files?

You’ll still need to select “Discard existing movie info and always use the complete IMDb movie info” for it to use the IMDb rating in both the moviesheet and xml.  If you just have “Use always the IMDB rating” selected it want use it in both, don’t ask me why because I didn’t write the program, this is just the way it seems to be.:wink:

And yes, if you use the .tgmd file in regenerating your data, then if you make any changes you’ll have to generate a new one with the new info.

Tinwarble wrote:

You’ll still need to select “Discard existing movie info and always use the complete IMDb movie info” for it to use the IMDb rating in both the moviesheet and xml.  If you just have “Use always the IMDB rating” selected it want use it in both, don’t ask me why because I didn’t write the program, this is just the way it seems to be.:wink:

And yes, if you use the .tgmd file in regenerating your data, then if you make any changes you’ll have to generate a new one with the new info.

Thanks Tinwarble for your help. I asked the Thumbgen developer if he can change it so when selecting “Use always the IMDB rating”, it will do just that and not use the TMDB rating for moviesheets. Hopefully it can be changed so I don’t have to recreate new .tgmd files. Thanks again!

I think you may have misunderstood.  The .tgmd file contains the info that you have already generated, so if you regenerate your data for a movie and have TG set to use the .tgmd file, then TG attempts to duplicate the info from the .tgmd.

It doesn’t matter about the IMDb settings, because TG is using the info contained in the .tgmd.   If your change the info that you want to be displayed and want to regenerate the files using that info sometime down the road using the .tgmd data, then you have to update the .tgmd with the new info (ie: you have to generate a new .tgmd).