This whole forum is useless

I and everyone else who owns a WDTV Gen 1 or 2 have been trying to get a firmware update for over 2 years.

Now, as predicted, WD have ignored everyone and just stuck their fingers in their ears until the gen 2 was EOL’d.

The problems are fully documented and numerous:

1. Colour space problems (this is huge…)

2. Header compression

3. Various freezing problems

4. MP4 Sync

5. NOT HDMI COMPLIANT (ok, hardware fault, but might as well throw it in).

Thanks,

A very angry never-to-be-a-wdtv-customer again…

I’m sorry.  The main reason I archived those boards was because they were hardly being used, and there won’t be any further firmware updates for those products.   The boards are still available for research, however.

I have added my problems with the WD live product on the forum and after more than 6 moths I  (and a lot of other people)  still expecting a reply from this company. I am very, very upset - I also have some other wd products (e.g. hdd) but for sure I will reconsider when buying such stuff. 

Gents, if this is how you are treating your customers, you are in bug trouble!

bathgate wrote:

I have added my problems with the WD live product on the forum and after more than 6 moths I [am] still expecting a reply from this company. I am very, very upset…

This isn’t a WD Support forum.   If you’re expecting a reply from WD on your issues, you should be opening an official tech support case.

Look here…WD - do they care – https://websupport.wdc.com/store/upgrade/products.asp?custtype=end&order_source=1&args=Q6lBpHW0tvcR,i,&sn=WCAVY5587570

DarFM wrote:

Look here…WD - do they care – https://websupport.wdc.com/store/upgrade/products.asp?custtype=end&order_source=1&args=Q6lBpHW0tvcR,i,&sn=WCAVY5587570

You should ask us about this before you just assume we don’t care.  We pulled the loyalty program, for now, because of the flooding that occured in Thailand.  Our manufacturing in Thailand is under water, so we had to make some adjustments until we can get back on track.  Fortunately, our RMA services are unaffected by this.

1 Like

How come you wait for six months instaed of calling WD for free???