The OpenSSL Security Advisory on June 5th

Hi there,

Recently got the My Cloud EX4 and loving it so far.

The only concern I have is regarding the OpenSSL Security Advisory that was released on June 5th:

Link to the official news from their site

I know that recent updates to the firmware and the outage with My Cloud was due to the Heartbleed bug that was discovered.

What I am curious about is if any of these SEVEN additional vulnerabilities will affect us again.

I do hope the staff from WD can give an answer to this discovery.

phil3322 wrote:

I know that recent updates to the firmware and the outage with My Cloud was due to the Heartbleed bug that was discovered.

Yeah, there was an update to OpenSSL recently, but no, there was no “outage with the My Cloud …due to the Heartbleed bug.”   Where’d you hear that?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

phil3322 wrote:

Yeah, there was an update to OpenSSL recently, but no, there was no “outage with the My Cloud …due to the Heartbleed bug.”   Where’d you hear that?

I might have jump to a conclusion regarding My Cloud service disruption, it’s just that I noticed that the timing is rather close when you think about it.

The service went down around the end of march when it just so happens that the Heartbleed vulnerability was just being discovered and released publicly at the begening of april.

Of course what would I know, since I am just a consumer. I am just happy that the service works and hopefully the recent discovery a few days ago will not affect it.