SSH changes vs future firmware update

don’t forget no love!!

Indeed, no love at all! :heart:

A sitting WD Cloud might go offline if you accidentally hit the upgrade firmware on the remote app. Although I am sure that I never hit that button on the remote app itself, it might still reboot the device.

No such case here.

Now the other thing that might go wrong is the router and the cable, so check those again…

Other disks are available locally on the same router. ONLY one ‘My’ Cloud Mirror keeps its normal behaviour/state - the very one with nothing attached to it.

lastly, remember that this is a small linux box, meaning you cannot just pull the plug on it over and over and over again; if you do, you eventually end up with a red light WD box meaning that somehow it doesn’t complete its checkdisk and mount the drives.

Fabulous, how on bloody earth one can reboot that piece of *by myself - BLEEP* with no access to it?!

In such way the disk in inevitably condamned to slow, painful death.

If you cannot access the UI, three things… 1. your static ip is no longer static 2. you are not in the same ip zone as your cloud. 3. your cloud is dead :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a case here.

The same problem occures with all’My’ Cloud drives (Mirror as well)* I have (had) got. Three My Cloud 4TB has been replaced with My Cloud Mirror 6TB - same situation/*bleep* - *disks become disconnected/unavailable via remote access (often local one) while attaching a filled-up external USB drive.

Anyways you know what to do if you give up… open window and put cloud outside if you live in hi-rise building.

Alas, I live on the ground floor. Even that option does not work.

p.s. no more kudos, they are heavy to carry around… and plus if I get too many the moderators may get suspicious that I am giving myself kudos under an alias user name. so no more.

OK. But I can always testify, and I herewith do, that kudos derive from my proper clicks.

PS

Would you be interested in bying some of WD ‘My’ Cloud piece of (still covered by warranty) hardware?

Here is a post from Billy_Kidd in http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/before-you-pack-up-your-WD-and-return-it-let-s-talk-about/td-p/683307/page/9 thread:

03-24-2015 08:18 PM

I am really trying to stay from WD products,

I’ve had some issues with warranty returns on raw hdds, and now this thing.  Although I’m not buying any WD or WD-owned company products, I will say that as since I stopped plugging anything into the USB port, the device has been stable,

It took me a long time to figure out that it was a USB problem.

I recently picked up 3 pogoplugs and they are a much more civilized solution.