SSH changes after reboot are gone

Hi,

hope anyone can help with my problem on a WD myCloud 2TB (singel bay!).

I´m trying with SSH to add an other root user on the WD myCloud 2TB (I´m trying it on that way LINK ).
(I´m connecting direct via SSH do the Harddisk and work with “vi” on the sshd_config and save it with ESC and : wq)
but every time if I restart the WD myCloud every changes (not only the changes on the sshd_config) I´d made via SSH are gone.
Does anyone know what´s to do that the myCloud will save the changes?

thanks for any tricks to do that

Lars
PS: sorry for that kind of englisch :wink:

This will happen if you have firmware version 2.xx. The gen2 does not keep changes made to files
done by the user. The only changes you can do is thru the dashboard.

RAC

PS you can’t put firmware 4.xx on a gen2 device.

For v4.x version My Clouds one can put commands into the /etc/rc2.d/S98user-start file that will persist through a reboot.

[quote=“rac8006, post:2, topic:175124, full:true”]
This will happen if you have firmware version 2.xx. The gen2 does not keep changes made to files
done by the user. The only changes you can do is thru the dashboard.
PS you can’t put firmware 4.xx on a gen2 device.[/quote]

thanks for your answer…

that´s sounds not so good for me…
but now I have an answer and I can stop with my work on it :wink:

Lars

For WDMC Gen2:
“OS” stored in /boot/boot/uRamdisk (/dev/sda3) (Initial system) and image.cfs (Cifs compressed image, All other stuff).
All configs stored on different partition (/usr/local/config or /dev/sda7). And only this configs restored at reboot.
I find only one way to keep settings - SH script with all changes + Cron @ boot (from webgui).
Alternative - Chroot’ed Debian or full Debian / DSM / OMV. Check my threads for details.