Sorry, this content is not available in your area

Sorry, this content is not available in your area since upgrading my firmware to version 2.03.20 the majority of the apps on my WDTV Live media player display this message. The exceptions are You Tube and TuneIn, there was not a problem before accessing the same apps. Does this mean it is time to relegate my media player to the same closet as my old FTA machines?

1 Like

Hi, there has being some apps removed from the media player in the latest firmware update. You can take a look at the link below for the official announcement from WD.

1 Like

But you would EXPECT that the remaining apps would work properly…

But why do the remaining apps not work in my area(Ontario Canada)?

diagoro
April 25

But you would EXPECT that the remaining apps would work properly…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

In Reply To
lluna
April 24
Hi, there has being some apps removed from the media player in the latest
firmware update. You can take a look at the link below for the official
announcement from WD.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To
unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

Could the media be region locked? I know some British phone apps don’t work in the US (some BBC content, among others), not sure if that would apply here.

I’m getting the same for all sorts of stuff. From US just updated firmware. All channels that should be available give this error. Any response from WD would be appreciated

1 Like

I can confirm that this problem exists on both the WD TV & WD TV Live SMP for Australia since the firmware upgrade.

If they are “region locked” then it would be better for WD to completely remove them so as to reduce the overhead on the WD boxes.

I have noticed since I upgraded yesterday 6/16/16 that today, 6/17/16 my Youtube doesn’t work and most of the services are “not available in my area” as some worked before… if they are gone, why are they still listed? very little of what I bought the box for is working. Why.

1 Like

I am just chiming in to say I am in the same boat, though, I had updated earlier than the 16th, still, I am having the same “not available in your area” messages on most all the services. I do still get the weather, hulu plus loads, of the others, some lock up the system with a black screen that never finishes, others give me the dreaded message. Lean back worked until the 17th, not it goes to a page to enter a search, but, no settings are available. I went to it on the web, it’s still there and functioning. BTW, I’m in the Eastern US. Just hoping someone can shed some light on the situation, if they aren’t ever coming back, time to find another box, if they are, I can wait. Just hate to wait for a boat that isn’t ever coming. My searches have turned up nothing but this thread and a suggestion to reset back to factory defaults, I did that, and the suggested power cycle/reset press, once all the info was re-entered, still the same.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Removed post