[Solved using jDownloader] HTTP download - my solution inside

Hi There,

Any mean to just “add” any kind of 3rd party app for simple HTTP downloading ? Or should I just SSH into my thing and create a script or something ?
I’m prety lost… there are things like FTP download or even P2P but no HTTP ?

thanks !

bye

You can enable Mobile & Web App access (Share Access settings can be found under the individual/desired Share from the dashboard). Then set up a Cloud account ( https://os5.mycloud.com/ ).

hummm… totally not what I was asking but thanks anyway?.. i guess ?

You can install docker and then jdownloader

Okay ! Lemme try that out ! Thanks :slight_smile:

Once docker is installed; everything on “docker depot” is compatible ?

Once docker is installed, type this in ssh:

JD_CFG=/shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/jd_config
JD_DL=/shares/Public/jdownloader/downloads
mkdir -p ${JD_CFG}
mkdir -p ${JD_DL}
docker run -d
–name=jdownloader-2
-p 5800:5800
-v ${JD_CFG}:/config:rw
-v ${JD_DL}:/output:rw
jlesage/jdownloader-2
docker update --restart=always jdownloader-2

Then you can acces jdownloader and configure it with: ip of your nas:5800

1 Like

Okay !

Any mean to configure without going through SSH and just playing with Env in docker ? (so everything goes through webui…?)

For instance I tryed :

Launched properly, I see it in “MyJDownloader”, it launches the download… but where ?

I set my path to “/shares/jDownloader”, created a folder on the admin panel of my EX2 named “jDownloader”, it appears correctly on my network… Still the download does not appear there ?

In MyJDownloader, when i Click “settings” the path is corretly set…

any idea ?

take a look in Public folder

Ok, Solved Here is the solution ! :slight_smile:

From now on you are in what’s called “Portainer”. As for the newby I am, I want everything from webui… no SSH at all, and I have prety no clue what I am doing… so I kept it simple !

• From the “home page” of Portainer, click on the “LOCAL” with the whale next to it, it’ll bring you to a place where you can click on “Containers” in the left panel

• Click “Container”, then on “+add container” (blue box at top)

• from here enter your container name “jDownloader” for instance and then

• registry : DockerHub
    • image : jaymoulin/jdownloader
    • Click the ENV tab and click “add environment” 3 times then type in
      • MYJD_PASSWORD : yourPassword on jDownloader
      • MYJD_USER : yourEmail/username on jDownloader
      • MYJD_DEVICE_NAME : the Name you want to be displayed (for ex MCEx2) in JDL
      • Modify value of XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR to match a directory accessible on the network (for example /shares/Public)
    • Now click “Restart policy” Tab and select Always

Now for the tricky part… You need to make sure the directory is accessible whithin the ‘Docker’ thing (because Docker makes like a microcosm inside your own machine… well whatever, it’s like having ‘C:/’ in like C:/Program and not being able to see what is in the above Program folder)…

So here you go to the “Volumes” tab and bind a the needed volume… Here we click +map additional volume and then :

• first click on bind
  • in container fill /shares
  • in host fill /shares > this is totally temporary but thats the trick ! :smiley:

Quick note, you can fill the host with this and skip what’s below if, in your MyCloud Admin webui, you:

• install Transmission under the application tab
  • once installed, click Configure
  • click edit preference button at the botton left
  • copy what’s in download to box (mine looks like /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Transmission) and trimm the /Transmission part (so it looks like /mnt/HD/HD_a2)
  • and then paste this result in the host edit box.
  • now you can skip to the end of the post :slight_smile:

Now you can run the ‘container’ by clicking Deploy the Container

Here everything should run smoosly, and you should be able to see, after a few seconds/minutes, your brand new MCEx2 in you MyJDownloader ! :slight_smile:

Not over yet ! Keep reading !!

Now you should,

• Click on container in left pane
  • click on the title of your freshly created/deployed container (jdownloader)
  • click on Console
  • in command, select bin/sh and the click the Connect blue box

Now you see a prompt ! Wow, please do not run away… just type :

• cd /
  • ls -al /shares
    • this will list everything in the ‘volume’ you binded
    • the list shall looks like
      • drwxrwxrwx 16 root root 4096 Dec 7 21:23 .
      • drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4096 Dec 8 15:49 …
      • drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4096 Dec 8 15:49 A_DIRECTORY_NAME > SOMETHING_IN_RED
      • drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4096 Dec 8 15:49 B_DIRECTORY_blabla > SOMETHING_IN_RED
      • drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4096 Dec 8 15:49 Public > SOMETHING_IN_RED

Now select and copy what’s in RED (prolly something like /mnt/HD/HD_a2, but this step is to make sure this is it !), then click “Disconnect” and click on your container (container in left panel > click on your container title).

• Click on Duplicate/Edit in the action bar at top of the container view, scroll down and click the “Volumes” tab.
  • Now replace what’s inside “host” with what was in RED (again, prolly “/mnt/HD/HD_a2”).
  • Finish the work by clicking on “Deploy the container

And voila !!

If you want to make sure everything seems fine before starting any download, just launch the console again on this container (left panel > container > container title > console > bin/sh > connect) and type

• cd /
  • cd shares
  • ls -al
  • here you should see a list of every folder created with the web ui. For exemple I have :
    • Cehm ; with my stuffs
    • Wifey ; wifey stuffs
    • plex ; my plex lib
    • jDownloader (so in my container configuration i wrote /shares/jDownloader next to XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR)
  • Public the public dir

[12 dec 2020] Erratum, I replaced the jDownloader folder created on /shares/ using the webgui by something I created myself (using windows explorer, …right click > new folder… under /shares/plex/Downloads) because the jDownloader created using the webgui was created with ROOT permission and the files downloaded using jDownloader inherits these same rights… So I couldnt cut/paste under the right folder…

Everything is accessible via the network and ALSO via jDownloader.

Alright ! I Hope this helps !

Cehm

I have set this up and is working fine as far as I am aware but my downloaded speeds seem to be capped at 7.5MBps and I’m on 1Gbps line in my house. Is there something in the network to be changed? The cables are all fine and transferring files over the network is getting 100MB/s so I’m assuming it’s the network setting.