Slow data transfer over USB

Hi guys,

I just got the 4tb Mycloud mirror and have set it up on my network.

I currently have another WD Mybook connected to the Mycloud mirror via the USB port on the back of the mirror.

I am copying across a movies folder (182GB) and the transfer rate seems super slow! Both devices are USB 3 capable, my iMac has a USB 3 port as well (although no devices are connected to it).

what i did was open the mycloud mirror on the iMac via the finder and dragged/dropped the folder across. It is saying around a 6 hour timeframe which seems crazy long with 2 USB 3 devices!

Is there anyway to speed up the transfer? I was going to do it over the network with a ethernet cable but that would be even slower.

See →   http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Very-slow-transfer-speeds-even-when-external-drive-is-connected/m-p/770565

It’s for EX2 butalso applies to Mirror.

If this info resolves your issue, please click the star below my username on the left side of this post to give me a kudo.

Not really comfortable using SSH to control this…is there no other way to go direct transfer?

I mean its 200GB of files that i need to move, it has taken over 3 hours to do which is a joke…not buying WD again - should have gone with synology/qnap instead.