Sharing files from my Mac to my WDTVliveHub

Can someone please tell me the correct way to share FROM my mac to my WDTV? I’ve tried just about every method I have found online with the same general results.

My mac (using Lion) is setup to file share. I have afp and smb sharing on. I have a list of folders to be shared. But when I go to my WDTVlivehub like it says in all of the walkthroughs, I enter my login info and first it says, “unable to connect to the selected source…” Then I’ll go back and it’ll say it’s connected but there isn’t anything in the selected folder.

I’ve reset everything to default setttings (I do this everytime I try to log on). I’ve formatted the drive. I’m starting from scratch and none of what WD says to do works for me. This shouldn’t be this hard. I’m not new to this. I know what i’m doing.

I’m just trying to watch videos from my computer on my WDTV over the network. Is this even possible?

The device is definitely capable of watching movies from your computer to your TV.  However, I thought Apple stopped supporting Samba on Lion.  And that’s what the WD TVs use to share over the network.  I think there is a way to get around it, but you’ll have to search online for it.

1 Like

Hmmm…tough one here. I will try it  and let you know if I get the same results.

Sagger,

I got it to work for me, streaming video from MAC to WD. My setup, I’m running Server 2008 and running Snow Leporad 10.6.8 on VM ware. I used the admin account with no password and it worked for me. I also add a password to the admin account and I could log in.

Try clearing the network log in again by going to setting> network setup> clear network login…

1 Like

Mediamaster wrote:

Sagger,

I got it to work for me, streaming video from MAC to WD. My setup, I’m running Server 2008 and running Snow Leporad 10.6.8 on VM ware. I used the admin account with no password and it worked for me. I also add a password to the admin account and I could log in.

Try clearing the network log in again by going to setting> network setup> clear network login…

I’ve done that several times. Judging by the responses here and in other threads, it’s not really something supported all that well (whether that’s on apple or WD doesn’t matter…it’s just true). Frankly, the WDTV UI isn’t so awesome that it’s worth jumping through hoops for. I guess I’ll just go back to using my wdtv as network storage. At least that’ll free up an HDMI input on my TV.

:cry: ??

I installed Playback http://www.yazsoft.com/ on my Mac, set up the share folders, then on the WD side Set up the content source as a media share