Share Folder Disappeared with 300gb of data

Sorry in advance if this is a dup post - I’m new to the forum… I recently started adding users to mycloud. All my shares are private with “read only” privilages assigned to my familiy members. My personal folder is NOT shared, but it randomly dissapeard with 300 gb of school docs and photos (!?).  Has this happened to anyone? I’m ready to make a video of mycloud set on fire.

Thanks!

My personal folder is NOT shared, but it randomly dissapeard with 300 gb of school docs and photos (!?).  

Has this happened to anyone?

Sure I’ve lost Data in the past, that is why I have a backup of my important information.

You may of inadvertantly deleted the share from mycloud, in which case its gone burgers?

If your up for a little unix fu, you could also check by going into SSH and doing an ls in the DataVolume area where your files are normally stored.

e.g

ssh into mycloud using putty

cd /DataVolume/shares

ls -l

See your missing directory ?

If so, copy it into your  /DataVolume/shares/Public area.

I’m ready to make a video of mycloud set on fire.

That would be cool, make a yourtube video of it.

Yeah I had my entire 2TB directory dissapear several times. You can check in the UI what the current capacity of the drive is. If the total capacity of the drive is less than 2TB, then you’ve lost your partition…

In that case you have to do a system restore and hope it re-appears. I also noticed a Partition script in / usr / local / sbin but I’ve never tested it… In both cases you will lose your data, I’m sorry