Set up app in my cloud ex4

I set up wordpress app in my cloud ex4. How to manage source file wordpress. Where is the source file wordpress? Thanks many post

cuongpv1984 wrote:

I set up wordpress app in my cloud ex4. How to manage source file wordpress. Where is the source file wordpress? Thanks many post

To be honest I don’t understand your post. What is it that you’re trying to do? How did you link the app to the EX4 unless you are talking about the WD app?

I understand this question - I think - because running an update of wordpress (3.9 f.i.) isn’t possible. Uninstalling wordpress and installing wordpress (WD MyCloud dashboard) gives more and new errors in Wordpress - I hoped that WD MyCloud automatically would downloaded the latest version. So, please update the firmware (?) of the WD MyCloud EX with a fully uninstall option of wordpress, or even better, that Wordpress will work and be managed as it should be. And please send me the informatiion about where I can find the source files and how to acces it - so I can install updates, templates and so on by myself. In this way Wordpress on the WD MyCloud is useless.

Yes we need ftp access to the wordpress files.  I suppose you might be able to do it by transferering the update to a share on the ex4 and use ssh to delete and copy the new files over.  God that is going to be a pain in the **bleep**.  Or they could just set up the wordpress user to have the correct permissions to update it self.  If not then using any new style page layout appears to kill wordpress.  

Did anyone try looking at this to make sure it was being setup correctly?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11043

Ofcourse I did, but it didn’t give the information I needed or solved the problems. After re-installing wordpress this massage appear: " Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7168 bytes) in …". So, how to unstall wordpress fully and how to upgrade? Or, how to get fully acces to the disks? I’m very disappointed about the EX2; an iPad photo app with unsolved security issues, wordpress I can’t use, iTunes without homesharing. I should have bought an external disk or a real NAS.

Karel wrote:

Ofcourse I did, but it didn’t give the information I needed or solved the problems. After re-installing wordpress this massage appear: " Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7168 bytes) in …". So, how to unstall wordpress fully and how to upgrade? Or, how to get fully acces to the disks? I’m very disappointed about the EX2; an iPad photo app with unsolved security issues, wordpress I can’t use, iTunes without homesharing. I should have bought an external disk or a real NAS.

First of all, you’re posting in the wrong board.  You have an EX2 and this is the EX4 board.  However, be that as it may, you cannot update to a later version of Wordpress.  The application, as is, is what you get.

Now, concerning the fatal error that you received, I will have it looked into. Someone may contact you for more information.  If you could help them it would be appreciated.

For those with EX4s,

The knowledgebase article I posted above gets into how to use Wordpress in more detail.  But in order to use Wordpress, you need to create an account with them.  And, you will need to get familiar with how their blog capabilities work.