Safepoint Auto Update Not Working

“Can you trying deleting your current safepoint and creating a new safepoint setting up the schedule after (not during the safe point creation)?”

Tried this and still does not work

I will try the auto updates next, but the initial delayed Safepoint started on time after a complete factory reset.

@WD

any other solutions? I guess this can not be fixed without a new firmware? Has it been identified what is causing the bug? any timeline for a new firmware?

Issue should be fixed with the next update.  Other workarounds is to use any other time than default.

tnynyn wrote:

Issue should be fixed with the next update. 

It will be fixed should be the right wording.

tnynyn wrote:

Other workarounds is to use any other time than default.

Honestly, do you think that the people haven’t tried this!? This is not a workaround and it does not help.

My autoupdate of safepoint is working. I have created the first one as a delayed one, I have then scheduled the updates and it’s working as expected. I don’t know if this is related, but my drive is set not to sleep.

Hi Everyone,

We are working on this issue.  I just wanted to clarify the steps that I used to get this to work.

1. Open the My Cloud Dashboard(Web UI)
  2. Select Safepoint and create a new safepoint
  3. Select the drive where you want to create the safepoint.
  4. Provide a name for the safepoint and Turn on Auto Update; I set to defaults (Daily at 12.00 AM)
  5. Create safepoint now.
  6. I waited till the safepoint was complete. You can check it on the UI under safepoint . Check the updated on time.
  7. Turn Auto Update off.
  8. Turn it back on again and leave it at default value.
  9. The next auto update was done at 00.00 AM

Note :  this was tested only with the latest code : 03.03.01-156

I have tried exactly what you wrote and it still does not work.

Ok, tried all of this to the lettercreating a new Safepoint but still not automatically updating.

The same for me. Redelete and recreate my safepoint, with 3Tb full use its taking me more then 24h to do the first sync … and still auto update is not working.

Please WD Team do a new Firmware that will fix this issue. Its starting to be very bad not having this feature working correctly.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve also purchased an extra my cloud storage device for automatically backup of files. And now I see that this auto update for safepoint functionality isn’t working at all! What is the solution of this urgent problem? This is very, very bad

I totally agree and unfortunately no workaround works which has been posted here.

Can you please let us know when you expect to release the firmware update?

Is there any other solution, e.g. via SSH?

I’m a new user and recently purchased My Cloud 2T and a Passport 2T for backup. After tryng numerous times to get Safepoint to work properly, I decided to take a different approach. Keep in mind that I needed My Cloud to function as Dropbox does, so here’s what I’ve done:

1. I established a direct connection from my laptop to my router. This was to bypass WiFi for speed.

2. I copied all my data from my laptop to My Cloud.

3. I attached the Passport direct  to my laptop and copied over the same data. I then disconnected the Passport and connected it to My Cloud. 

4. After doing some research, I downloaded and installed a program called GoodSync. They have a 30 day full trial and it’s $29.95 to buy after.

[ removed ] 

1. I set up Goodsync to automatically sync the data on my laptop to both My Cloud and the Passport (and it’s bidirectional).

The end result was that syncing was fast and error free. Any and all changes I make to folders/files on my laptop are instantly synced to both My Cloud and Passport and vice versa… and I now have the same fuctionality I’ve enjoyed with Dropbox.

I have one other non-related issue to overcome which I posted here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Unable-to-access-shares-in-Windows-file-manager/td-p/624055

I mention this because the problem also prevents Goodsync from doing it’s job.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Can an admin please delete the last Post from Fajah, it’s spam and it has nothing to do with the functionality of Safepoint and the problems we have.

Sorry, wasn’t meant as spam.

WD Team ??? Any news on that new Firmware update that will fix this issue ???

Thanks

Any News from WD?

As this is one of the main features of this product, this should be fixed asap! Why isn’t it possible to make a fix in a few days???

lion27 wrote:

Any News from WD?

As this is one of the main features of this product, this should be fixed asap! Why isn’t it possible to make a fix in a few days???

After using MyCloud for a week, I’ve decided to return the product and move on to something else. I’ve spent too much time dealing with major issues and work arounds … the main ones involving Safepoint, web access/java, and USB port losing connectivity (requiring requent reboots to bring it back up).

There are aspects of MyCloud I really like and it defintely has potential, but IMO, it’s not ready for prime time just yet.

Madore wrote:

WD Team ??? Any news on that new Firmware update that will fix this issue ???

Thanks

None, yet.  Keep in mind that even when it is fixed, we will need to test it.  That takes time.  Also, we will have to test any other fixes we’re working on for the device.  I’ll let you know if I hear anything.

I just wanted to comment that after following the steps laid out by  BBBBBrandon, my Safepoints have been working fine. Just checked again now to verify, and in fact the last update was on Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:00:11 AM.