Safepoint Auto Update Not Working

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we released an upate today that should resolve this issue without the need to use the work around I previously posted.

Thanks,

Brandon

OK - Loaded the new 3.03.02 firmware release this morning and set safepoint auto-update to run at 1.00 pm but still not working for me.

Thanks WD Team

My Auto Firmware update as been done at 3 am and did some test this morning but still not working.

Question should i delete my old Safepoint and recreate one with the new Firmware ?

Thanks for your helkp on this one .

I would delete the old safepoints and all the data on the USB disk. Check the USB disk for errors as well, in particular if you disconnected it without ejecting it from the MyCloud.

Madore wrote:

Thanks WD Team

My Auto Firmware update as been done at 3 am and did some test this morning but still not working.

Question should i delete my old Safepoint and recreate one with the new Firmware ?

Thanks for your helkp on this one .

Yes, please delete your old safepoint and create a new one.

New Safepoint - No change! Automatic Safepoint still not working. Really annoying!

Did you clean up the data on the USB disk?

My initial sync just finish, and the auto update is schedule for 9PM easter time .

I will update the post at this time .

Hope all works well.

It still not working for me.

Last test now i am rebooting the device since it did not since the initial sync and i have change the auto update time for 12am easter time

Lets look at this in the morning.

If that still do not work…, can some one tell us if its is really working for them since the last fireware upgrade.

WD Team, was i doing this the correct way ? Is there a How to for this ?

@Madore,

I have a 4TB my Cloud. Auto-updates are working for me. FYI for other reasons, I did a factory restore. For the safepoint, I did the initial safepoint “later”, then I turned on auto update. Working since then.

Etupes

It did not work.

I will try to recreate the safepoint and select later end then activate the auto …

Last test will be the factory default.

i will let you know

Thanks

The new release installed without any problem but theauto update didn’t work. So, I’ve now deleted the original safepoint and created a new one, which took around 32 hours for 900 meg,and tried the auto update again but it’s still not working for me.  

That is so unbelieveable, after the firmware update the safepoint update still does not work. I have also deleted the safepoint and created a new one without success. I even did a system reset which also did not help.

Can I ask how you test firmware updates at WD? It does not look really professionell what you are doing there.

How long will it to take to fix the bug, again 1 month until the next firmware update?

I am highly frustrated and disappointed of WD.

Can someone inform me that the auto update functionallity of safepoint REALLY WORKS after the firmware update? 

I also set up a safepoint and then an auto update.

I watched at the appointed time; no auto update.

Some hours later I noticed that the USB drive was blinking…

The web interface didn’t seem to report anything, but my newer files were now on the USB drive.

I am on GMT+1 and the setpoint auto update ran 9 hours later.

So when the update was finished, I checked file modification times with USB attached to MyCloud; they seemed OK.

I extracted the USB drive and plugged into my PC, the file modification times were 9 hours later than the originals.

I returned the USB drive to MyCloud and file modification times were reported as OK.

It’s good to have the files, but the file modification times must be the same when the USB drive is removed - otherwise there may be repercussions down the line. E.g… Other backup software checking file modification times.

Conclusion: something may be going wrong with the MyCloud clock or the use of it by the software.

Richard.

It’s finally working for me!

After having no initial success with the new firmware I received an email from WD that asked me to do a  “System Only Restore”. It completed this quite quickly but wouldn’t recognise the original ‘safepoint’ so I deleted this and allowed it to create a new one, taking another 30 hours. After creation the safepoint auto updated - success!

Then, I changed the settings to Greenwich mean time and also changed the time for the auto update to run. The next scheduled auto update failed to run - back to square one.

As a last resort I rebooted the drive and all starting working again. It’s now completed a couple of updates automatically.

1 Like

I can confirm this solution… the auto update is working again on my device…still a pain …  if this will happen again after the next firmware update

For my self it is still not working.

Next step will be to do a factory system reset ( will that erase what is on the HD ?  hope not… )

And if after this still dont work, my next step will be to unplug this usaless device and destroy it so no one else will have this issue with this device …

Really… do we need to do all of these step to have it to work ? Regular user ( not tech ) will he really be able to make it to work ??

Good news i will be able to keep the device, i finaly fix the safepoint auto update

Here is the how top :

1- System factory reset - no data loss

2- Wait for the Device to be initialize before reconfiguring

3- No need to delete the current safepoint

4- Finalise the config + setup the auto update at the time you like

5- Reboot the device and wait

That works for me .

Thanks all for your post on this subjet and all the hard work.