Safepoint Auto Update Not Working

I have successfully created a safepoint to an attched WD MyPassport usb drive.  However, it will not auto update, even though I have it set to do so each day at 01:00.  Any ideas?

Hi SlattDog, check if you have the latest firmware update installed 3.01.04. 

It’s the same for me. I hadn’t realised the safepoint wasn’t updating until I checked having read this post.  I can manually update, clicking the update button on the dashboard at anytime but the automatic update isn’t working for me. I’ve tried setting different times and saving but nothing happens. 

I have v03.01.04-139 installed

I have this same issue. I am on firmware version:   WDMyCloud v03.01.04-139 : Core F/W

Looks like those of us having this problem are on the latest version - any ideas or solutions from anyone/WD?

Hi - Can anyone from WD take a look at this?

I have the same problem - has this been fixed yet?

If not, why not?

WD have contacted me and are looking into the problem

Hi all

New F/W  update just came out :

Current Version WDMyCloud v03.03.01-156 : Core F/W

Last Update Wednesday, January 08, 2014 3:24:47 AM

and still my SafePoint AutoUpdate do not work.

Is it the same for all of you ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this problem.  Can you try to Turn off Auto Update from the UI and the re-enable Auto update?

I’ve tested this work-around and it works.

We will make sure this issue gets fixed.

Thanks,

Brandon

1 Like

Hi

I did the test , turn it off and turn it back on and still no auto update are done . I also try to reboot and even shutdown and reboot and re try the switch off and back to on, and still not workinng.

Question, should i recreate a Safepoint Profile ? I am trying with the profile that was not working with the old FW version.

Thanks

I have the same issue, turning off and on the automatic safepoint update did not help and also not creating a new Safepoint profile.

Any other solutions until this is fixed in new firmware update?

I have the same problem and tried also reboot, turning on and off, but nothing helps. Still no automatic safepoint.

Didn’t work for me either. Still having to remember to do manual updates.

Ok thank you for the feedback.

Can you trying deleting your current safepoint and creating a new safepoint setting up the schedule after (not during the safe point creation)?

Thanks,

Brandon

Tried this - did not work

Also tried this but still not automatically updating

• After several days of creating 3.5tb safepoint (yes,  4-5days using usb3.0, mycloud and mybook) if update doesn’t work I will return both drives and spread the word about not to buy this. 

After deleting my profile and waiting more them 24h to resync the new profile, the auto update still do not work.

Hope WD will fix this soon since it was one of the reason for me to buy this product.

Still not working!