Firmware 04.04.03-113 Discussion

i find it frustrating that way back 3 years ago in this thread (Safepoint Auto Update Not Working) WD Staff was active in this community and proactive in fixing people’s problems.

but now seem to be non-existent. contacting wd support has also been an experience where i am sort of asking them what they need from me rather them doing that. and am not getting anywhere with them aside from the recommendations most have made already which I have already done and have not solved the problem.

not impressed.

edit:
i did get some support from WD level 2 support. They identified the problem related to changes to the files in the backup. from my side, i am not physically changing the backup files/folders - i am just viewing them from OS 10/Win 10 (Finder, File Explorer). perhaps something else is going on there, maybe metadata is being changed or a hidden file is added by OS 10 or Win 10 ?

Anyone else has occassionally viewed the contents of their safepoint backup and later not able to run auto-update ?

manual update still works.

WD recommends I recreate the safepoint - maybe i would do that at some point in the future when I do not need to access the drives for anything.