Request for minor tweak to Photo Display Fade

I recently purchased a WD TV Play as an inexpensive way to display media (photos and music) at trade shows - it’s simple to just hook up a TV via HDMI, and add photos via a USB device, even without internet handy!  So far, it’s been wonderful.

My request primarily is for the transition between photos - at the moment, most of them are very… jarring.  Large, pixelated blocks fill the screen before the picture changes, which just looks poor in comparison to today’s screensavers, that do a smooth fade or transition.

The closest transition at the moment is the “Fade” option, which fades from black into a photo… but it doesn’t fade out from the previous one.  As such, there is an image, then a sudden black, and then the new image fades in.  (I might be reversing this… it may be the other way, my WD TV is packed away at the moment as I just got back from a show.)

Would it be possible to have a smoother transition between images, for a more professional display?  Ideally, a true cross-fae between images would be nice, but a fade TO black followed by a fade FROM black would also work.  This would make the WD TV Play a KILLER Display Unit, much cheaper than a Display Frame, especially when you get an inexpensive large-screen TV as your display!

Thank you!

I hope they do release a fix for it  on the Play…

Kinda off-topic but, the WDTV Live Hub and Live Streaming’s Slideshow has an average Fade (Cross-Fade) effect

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cyiq6_slide

The WDTV Live Streaming costs about $20-30 more than the Play … if they don’t fix the Slideshow on the Play within a reasonable amount of time, maybe consider an upgrade ?

That’s good to know, and thank you!  That video is EXCATLY what I was looking for - now I know that’s the model that I need (assuming the Play doesn’t gain the feature, which I hope it does!)