Photo Slideshow help

Hi All

I am having a very frustrating time with my WDTV Live 3rd gen connected to a My Cloud 3TB via home network. While I have no problem seeing the photos on the My Cloud using network share, I have to manually advance to the next photo using the remote for some usability. Otherwise, the photo transition takes ages (anywhere between 20 secs to 2+ mins) once the play button is pressed. I am on the latest firmware and have enabled slideshow in options with a transition time of 3 seconds.

On a different note, while as a product, its greatest pro is the number of formats it supports, WD TV Live needs better implementation of features as many a time, it comes across as being clunky. A lot of feaures are hidden or dont work in a straightforward way and usability for non-tech savvy people is a big question mark.

Thanks

Harsha

Do you encounter the same issue when playing a slideshow using a USB hard drive? It would be best to confirm if the issue relates ti your WD TV or if it relates to network latency.

If its network latency, how is movie streaming working for me? I do not seem to have issues here. Anyways, will try out and report.

Thanks

Harsha

Trancer wrote:

Do you encounter the same issue when playing a slideshow using a USB hard drive? It would be best to confirm if the issue relates ti your WD TV or if it relates to network latency.