Remove Password from an UNLOCKED WD My Passport

I have a situation that is a bit different from your standard “I forgot my password” issue. When I created my password I saved it in my password manager. Fortunately for me, I also set the drive to auto-unlock for my user account on my computer and I’m not completely locked out of the drive.
Unfortunately, that saved password doesn’t seem to work.

I discovered this when I had a consistency issue with a couple of files on the drive and ran chkdsk. It was running unusually slowly so I decided to try unencrypting the drive first and ran into trouble when the WD Security app told me “Invalid Password”. I’ve tried minor misspellings of the parts of my passphrase but I’m not hitting on anything.

My question is, is there a way to forcibly remove the password since the drive is already unlocked, or do I have to copy 3.5 TB of data somewhere else, nuke the drive, and then restore it?

EDIT: I just had a thought. Is it possible that damage to the filesystem on the disk could be causing my “Invalid Password” issues? Before I killed chkdsk it had found some bad sectors. If that’s the case I may have to go with buying another drive to copy everything to. I simply don’t have enough storage space in my home to back this thing up otherwise.