Remote access of videos on My Book Live?

Is there a way to access my videos via iPad or iPhone remotely?

I did setup a DDNS and port foward, but I get a 443 (forbiden) error.

Why doesn’t WD allow WD 2GO to access videos? Only pics???

Raul Nunes

WD2go gives access to almost all files on the MBL so long as they are natively supported by the device accessing the files, I can stream music, videos and pictures on Android with WD2go so there’s something wrong in here.

Are you sure you are not confusing WD Photos with WD2go?

You must me confused…  WD2go can’t read even a simple .avi file.

Dude, look in the WD2Go board… Playing movies AVI movies is not an issue at all on Android, you just need a PLAYER that supports the file you want to play.

Directly from WD2Go’s Android Page:

WD 2go app can display the following files associated with the built-in apps on your Android device:

• Music (.mp3)
  • Movies (.mp4)
  • Images (.bmp, .jpg, .png, .gif)

However, some files may require you to download specific third-party apps from the Android Market such as RockPlayer Lite to stream following music and media files

• Music (.aiff, .m4a, .wav, .wma)
  • Movies (.mov, .m4v, .avi, .asf, .wmv, .3gp)

You need a player that can read the type of movie you want to play on both Android and iOS, if you can’t have WD2go to read simple AVI files then there is either something wrong in the connectivity and/or your iPad since what you want to do is a supported feature.

This is what I get when I read avi files in WD2go…

Hello?

Yeah, that’s how it looks like and they should play just fine… What media player do you have on your iPad? Does it support AVI files? You see, WD2go itself WON’T open any file, instead it will link to another application on your device that should be able to handle that file.

I have GoodPlayer and AirPlayer. But WD2go doesn’t link to them, or I don’t know how to do it…

Then that --is-- the problem, WD2go is not linking to the default apps to open the files. Can you play the same files using other remote access/WiFi access apps to check if only WD2go has the problem?

Simple! I had the free version of WD2go.

rucanunes wrote:
Simple! I had the free version of WD2go.

I don’t know what you mean by that, I am using the free version.