Realistic expectations for wireless?

I set everything up last night.  Here is what I have:

WD TV Live Plus connected to TV via HDMI

Cisco Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router

D-Link Wireless N 150 USB Adapter

Router is room with computer about 30 feet away from WD TV setup with a couple of walls in between

If I play stuff from YouTube, etc. all seems fine.  If I play a large video file (50 MB) (M2TS File (.m2ts)), it’ll play clean for 5-10 seconds usually, then it studders, drops sound, etc.  These files of course play perfectly on the PC directly.  Is this a result of using a wireless network because a wireless network is too slow?  I guess I’m wondering if I should expect to be able to play this size file and larger over a wireless network or not.  If so then I need to start trouble-shooting but I don’t want to waste my time if this just isn’t going to work.  I have files that are 5-10 times that large that I want to be able to watch.

Thanks,
Shawn

So, after a bit of research, seems my router is wireless G and needs to be upgraded as the throughput won’t get it done for HD.  So, I’m now in the market for a new router.  Can you folks give me some suggestions on good routers that will have the necessary throughput for HD video?

Shawn

I have been using a Netgear WNDR3700 wireless router along with a Linksys/Cisco WUSB600N wireless adapter (version 2.0). The simultaneous dual-band wireless router allows you to dedicate the 5GHz N radio to video… so it will use special algorithms to give preference to video to avoid stuttering. I have been having great success with this combination and would recommend it.