Possibly played too much!

Hey, well i was trying to install Minidlna, got in to an error and thought id follow what the log said… i now cannot do anything on the UI as it keeps coming up with errors, tried updating manually but even that comes with errors, please could anyone help!

Log is:

Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org sid/main armhf Packages [6745 kB]
Fetched 6745 kB in 34s (197 kB/s)
W: Failed to fetch xz:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-armhf_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
WDMyCloud:~# apt-get install minidlna
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libc-bin : Depends: libc6 (< 2.18) but 2.19-9 is to be installed
 libtirpc1 : Breaks: nfs-common (< 1:1.2.8-7) but 1:1.2.6-3 is to be installed
             Breaks: nfs-kernel-server (< 1:1.2.8-7) but 1:1.2.6-3 is to be installed
 minidlna : Depends: libavformat55 (>= 6:10~beta1~) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libavutil53 (>= 6:10~beta1~) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libflac8 (>= 1.3.0) but 1.2.1-6+b1 is to be installed
            Depends: libid3tag0 (>= 0.15.1b) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libvorbis0a (>= 1.1.2) but it is not going to be installed
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main armhf Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_wheezy_main_binary-armhf_Packages)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
WDMyCloud:~# ^C
WDMyCloud:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
  libgssglue1
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
The following extra packages will be installed:
  libc-bin nfs-common nfs-kernel-server
Suggested packages:
  open-iscsi watchdog
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libc-bin nfs-common nfs-kernel-server
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 261 not upgraded.
8 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/1459 kB of archives.
After this operation, 25.6 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Setting up libc6:armhf (2.19-9) ...
Checking for services that may need to be restarted...
Checking init scripts...

Restarting services possibly affected by the upgrade:
  cron: restarting...done.

Services restarted successfully.
Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
/usr/bin/dpkg: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (127)
WDMyCloud:~# sudo service minidlna stop
sudo: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
WDMyCloud:~# apt-get install minidlna
apt-get: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
WDMyCloud:~# mv -f /etc/apt/sources.list.bak /etc/apt/sources.list
mv: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
WDMyCloud:~# ^C
WDMyCloud:~# service minidlna start
basename: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
basename: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
minidlna: unrecognized service

Anymore info needed let me know. SSH skills are basic which is probably how i messed it up.

Thanks

Leigh

Hello,

I am not very familiar with SSH. Lets see if other users can share some information about your issue.

encountered the same problem though i didn’t proceed with the apt-get -f install

anybody knows how to install safely proper version of libc6 so that the dependencies are fullfilled ?

I just encountered the same issue…did you ever solve this or is your device bricked?

I have tried the same thing and it bricked mine… I could access the content by mounting it directly(by opening it). I had backup so I could restore from scratch.

I WILL NOT REPEAT this mistake. Need to have the same version and trus that the version that will be downloaded is the same. In my case I think that the source of mini-dlna changed…

I used this to restore

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/GUIDE-How-To-Unbrick-your-2TB-3TB-4TB-My-Cloud/td-p/765959

Yup. “apt-get -f install” bricks it…I’ve dont it twice now! :slight_smile:

It seems to me that leigh258  was trying to install a package from the sid version of Debian,  but WD mycloud has  the wheezy version. A sid package has dependencies from newer version of the basic libraries, not compatible with the software installed on Mycloud.  Going on with “apt-get -i install”  produced a mix of incompatible libraries.

I just got mine bricked. Lucky me.

I am still in the ssh, are there any means to unbrick this without having to remove the harddisk from the case?

Thanks.

If you still have ssh access, restore the FW via ssh. That will fix it up for you.

There are many threads on this forum how to do it. Very simpe.

First download the FW zip from WD’s stie, extract the .deb from the zip. Copy it over to the WD cloud drive via sftp(same login as ssh) to any location e.g /DataVolume/shares/Public

Then run

/usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /DataVolume/shares/Public/sq-040103-421-20150217.deb

Hey i have the same problem. I’ve tried your solutions, but i have only errors. I’am still connected via SSH but i can’t do anything. Only “cd” command works…

WD-peczis:/lib# /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /DataVolume/shares/Public/sq-040104-422-20150423.deb 
date: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
logger: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
tee: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
touch: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
date: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
tee: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
find: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
grep: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
grep: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
sed: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
rm: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference
sleep: relocation error: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_find_dso_for_object, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-armhf.so.3 with link time reference

There is a solution if there is a ssh connection and a working share.

You should download file http://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/people/boyarsh/wd/libc.so.6 (or extract /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc-2.17.so from firmware image and name it libc.so.6) and put it on share.

Let it be /DataVolume/shares/Public/libc.so.6

Then you can type in you ssh connection:

export LD_PRELOAD=/DataVolume/shares/Public/libc.so.6

and then you can execute most commands.

Personally, I uploaded a tar image of rootfs extracted from firmware to share, untared it and rsynced /lib /usr and /var/lib from it to device rootfs.

You can also go to /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ and relink all links from *2.19* to 2.17

1 Like

Thanks for that!
the fix with “export” did’nt work for me, but [quote=“toshische, post:11, topic:93709”]
relink all links from 2.19 to 2.17
[/quote]
worked :slightly_smiling:

thanks

just a to help other to “relink”

ldconfig -l -v /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc-2.17.so