Plex

FYI
PLEX MEDIA SERVER ARRIVES ON THE WESTERN DIGITAL WD MY CLOUD NAS SERIES
Has anyone tried it yet?

Yes,

I just started to “play” with it. Since the installation, first impression is that it’s quite heavy to manage for small EX resources (memory/cpu) and you have to configure it (options) very carefully.

Then, I got a little bug, maybe related to EX not to PLEX, immediately after the installation.

I found the PLEX tab in every single menu of the WD dashboard (including storage !), but a EX reboot fix this.

Also Acronis TrueImage was released for EX and BitTorrent Sync was updated few days ago.

Hope that also other APPS, like Joomla, Wordpress, PHPmyAdmin etc. will be updated soon. They are very (too much) old !

I was really excited to to see the PLEX as an app for the WD MyCloud. I installed it on my WD EX4100 but encountered some. issues when setting it up. First being the directory it lets you select files from. When trying to add media files and folders it defaults to a hidden folder inside the application. I cannot add folders in the root of the drive or other locations like the desktop app. I’ve tried pasting the path of folders in the field with no luck.

Has anyone found a way to add folders with the Plex WD MyCloud app?

Not at first…try choosing a folder type first before adding a folder…Movies, TV Shows…

Try  folders ending in mnt/HD folder.  One of these was the right one for me to connect to existing movie folder (HD_a2).