Plex ios app does not recognize WDTV live

For a little while now, I have been using Plex to stream media from my imac to TV via  wd tv live, with no problems.  To control it, I’ve been using the Twonky beam app for ipad, again, with no problems. I thought it would be worth it to pay the 5 dollars for the Plex app because I liked the layout better, as well as the fact that you can get movie plots, trailers, and other useful features.  

Anyways, the app cannot seem to pick up the wd tv live! It connects to the media server on my computer, and I can even stream movies on the ipad, but i cant “fling” it to the wdtv live.  I have the most current firmware (2.02.32) and OS on the mac is current (10.9.5, although that shouldnt matter since streaming is making it to the ipad, correct?).  ipad is also second gen ipad mini.  I have however updated the ipad to ios 8.  Could that be the problem? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I know I can always go back to using the twonky beam, but paying 5 dollars for an app, it would be nice if it would work better than the free one!

Thanks for any help

After some more research, it looks like it will only work with media players that also have the Plex app to link with… Is there anyway to get the plex app on the WD TV live? I’ve looked through all the apps and cant find it… but find it hard to believe that a media player and media server as versatile as wd tv live and plex cant link up via the plex app…

A Plex app will be added if developed. What you can do on the other hand is to use a DLNA Media Server design with compatibility in mind. Android has BubbleUPnP for example, but I do not know if iOS features an equivalent Media Server Client.

Regards,