Plex folders on Mycloud Home disappeared from view

Equipment: MyCloud Home; Windows Surface (Win10).
Plex was pre-installed - bought about 1 yr ago.
I used to see the Plex folders in Explorer and could drag files back and forth, but now gone from this view - I see nothing, even through on the NAS. OK, I thought, I’ll create a new library and put the files somewhere else that I can see in Explorer so I can manage content externally from Plex.
However, as another observation, in the Win10 plex web app - when select add library, there isn’t the “Add folders” part on the left menu (per the Plex support article) - just seeing select type and advanced, so I can’t seem to create a new library as well if I cant select the folders.
Does this mean I now have to pay Plex for the privilage to add folders? Has something happened with license - was this for only 1 year on the NAS?
Ideal is just to get the former Explorer view of the folders back, otherwise this has just become effectively a database I can’t change anymore!
Any ideas?

1 Like

My libraries are now empty!!?? The folders (“Z:\Plex\Shared Music”, etc) contain files. I have done a manual scan via the web interface. Nothing!

Update: Inside the Plex Server settings (not the My Cloud Home’s filesystem!), I deleted a folder and then re-added it. This then started the folder scanning properly. Before doing this it would briefly scan and finish without finding anything. Fixed that part.

However, DLNA still broken. Disabling and re-enabling DLNA server didn’t work.

So, I disabled Plex completely in the My Cloud Home’s “Do More” area, and then re-enabled it. After setting it up again, it’s all working!

1 Like

Update - I re-signed into the Windows WD app and the folder (Z drive) is back in Explorer. So can now drag media back and forth again.
However, still don’t have “browse” option in set up a new library in the Plex desktop like in the tutorial in the help centre - must be something to do with way set up on WD product? So I manage libraries external to Plex app. Does anyone have comment on this - just the way Plex is licensed/set up in WD products?

The version of Plex on the WD MCH is limited to the default folders in the Plex folder.

And now my Plex library folders are empty again???