Playlists

Why is is so hard to get a play list going on this thing?

Why can’t i just pick a bunch of different movies and have them then play in the order i picked them? Then possible save the list externally to a thumb drive or right on my nas  systems.

Is that so hard to incorporate? Microsoft media player has done it since win95 … come on guys throw me a bone here.

Hello there,

when the media library is on that can help showing all the movies you might have on a drive connected to the device or even a network location, however i have not tried to make it work in a certain order and play continuously.

umm, yea that kind goes without saying. What i want to know is why can’t i highlight these movies and build a playlist and play them in my own order instead of alphabetically or numerically as to whatever order you have them on your NAS system. It would also be nice to be able to cross connect with multiple nas systems when doing so.

Since there was no answer to the original posters question, I would like to revive this post and ask in a different way.  How on earth do you create video/music playlists on the WD TV Media Player.  It hints on playlists in the user guide but I never found where it said how to create the playlist.  Please help.

Also it would be nice if AFTER you go into settings and set video to play, one after another, that it would ACTUALLY do it. without having to stop the first video, goto settings and reset it to non stop play of the order they are in, otherwise it stops after the first video or movie and goes back to the list … very annoying …

come on WD … i realize you haven’t made the Gazzillion dollar profit margin yet , but hey , come on, would it kill ya to pay some lowly programmer $20 to add in a simple line of code ?  And don’t gimme the schpeel of it needs extensive work to do it … I"m a programmer … i know the difference. However I’m not going to break down your code to make it actually work, for a product I already paid for, if i was going to do that, I’d build my own machine.

Pay attention to your customers … or your goin to end up like seagate.

hmmm

yea, if you read the other complaints along this line … it tells you to get a play list builder on your pc, make the play list, up load it to the drive and “voila” … [Deleted] … if i wanted to do that i’d buy a mac

I actually found the solution to this one :wink:  Once you highlight the video you want to start with, push the PLAY button instead of the OK button on the remote.  I actually tried it and it works :smileyvery-happy:  Before that I had to do the same thing as you.  Now, about creating the playlist.  What’s this about a seperate playlist creator ???

ok, cool , i will try that …

as for the play list …if you want  to play a set of shows in a specific order, as in windows. You have to create a seperate play list. I was told to use playlist creator. Then after you have this list , you have to upload it to the drive that your vids are on. This will not cover multiple drives on your NAS ususally. This makes it a static playlist and not fluid , as in " right now i wanna watch this and this and this …" I have never tried it myself, just read how its done on other posts. Thats why i asked WD about this. Its a simple thing that windows has done since win 3.11 … how hard is it to pay a [Deleted] little programmer $20 to fix this and upload an update ? … every body happy … and now the best **bleep** (bleep? what bleep?) unit on the market.

Okay, I’ve used playlist creator.  Saved the playlist file to my USB drive, and NOTHING.  I tell WD TV Media player to go by playlists and it tells me there is no media files.  I tell it to go by folders and my content is back, without the playlist.  My playlist file looks like this:

\Lucky Star\01-The Girl Who Dashes Off.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\01-Quebec and Baghdad.mpg
\Lucky Star\02-Efforts and Results.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\02-The Swiss Alps and Tokyo, Japan.mpg
\Lucky Star\03-Various People.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\03-Florida and China.mpg
\Lucky Star\04a-A Question Of Motivation.mpg
\Lucky Star\04b-Slideshow A and B.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\04-Acapulco and England.mpg
\Lucky Star\05-The Famous Shooter.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\05-The Sahara Desert and Scotland.mpg
\Lucky Star\06-Fixtures of Summer.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\06-France and Australia.mpg
\Lucky Star\07-Image.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\07-Athens, Greece and The Ozarks.mpg
\Lucky Star\08a-Energetic Despite Not Being Myself.mpg
\Lucky Star\08b-Slideshow C and D.mpg
\Lucky Star\09-That Feeling.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\08-Italy and Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\09-Egypt and Sherwood Forest.mpg
\Lucky Star\10-Desires.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\10-Spain and The Himalayas.mpg
\Lucky Star\11-Various Ways To Spend Christmas Eve.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\11-India and Israel.mpg
\Lucky Star\12a-Let’s Go To The Festival.mpg
\Lucky Star\12b-Slideshow E and F.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\12-Africa and San Francisco.mpg
\Lucky Star\13-Delicious Day.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\13-The Grand Canyon and Ireland.mpg
\Lucky Star\14-Under One Roof.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\14-Hawaii and Norway.mpg
\Lucky Star\15-I Can’t Suddenly Change.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\15-North Pole and Tahiti.mpg
\Lucky Star\16a-Ring.mpg
\Lucky Star\16b-Slideshow G and H.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\16-Arizona and Holland.mpg
\Lucky Star\17-Base of The Sun.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\17-Russia and The Caribbean.mpg
\Lucky Star\18-To Each Her Own.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\18-New York and Turkey.mpg
\Lucky Star\19-There Is Substance In 2-D.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\19-South America and Transylvania.mpg
\Lucky Star\20a-Ways To Spend Summer.mpg
\Lucky Star\20b-Slideshow I and J.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\20-French Riviera and New Zealand.mpg
\Lucky Star\21-Pandora’s Box.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\21-New Orleans and Atlantis.mpg
\Lucky Star\22-The Yonder Here.mpg
\Lucky Star\23-Delicate Line.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\22-Morocco and Washington DC.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\23-Canada and Warsaw, Poland.mpg
\Lucky Star\24a-To Be Decided.mpg
\Lucky Star\24b-Slideshow K and L.mpg
\Laff-A-Lympics\24-Siam and The Moon.mpg
\Lucky Star\25-Lucky Star OVA.mpg

I even switched the '' with ‘/’ with the same results.  Please help.

a bit of Playlist info/how-to here: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Creating-a-playlist/td-p/454376

I still can’t get the playlist to work.  Everytime I try to do Filter/playlist it tells me I have no media files.  I sent my question straight to WD, but I doubt they’ll tell me anything.  I’m using playlist creator as per the section mentioned but it’s not working.  Besides, I don’t have WD-TV Live.  I have WD-TV Media Player.  How about a step by step how-to guide for that one.  Has anyone actually gotten the playlists to work on the WD-TV Media Player instead of the WD-TV Live???  Please help.

the best way i found is just to use media player on your computer and save the list .

Then goto CNET and get wpl to m3u converter. Convert your file to m3u

Then open it with notepad and strip all the dynamic pointers out …

from this :

\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\Barb Wire (1996).mkv
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\Carrie (2013).mkv
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\farscape the peacekeeper wars part 1.avi
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\farscape the peacekeeper wars part 2.avi
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).mkv
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\Harry Potter 1 - The Philosophers Stone (2000).avi
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\Harry Potter 2 - The Chamber of Secrets (2001).avi
\SHARECENTER\Volume_1\Movies\Harry Potter 3 - the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).avi

To this :

Barb Wire (1996).mkv
 Carrie (2013).mkv
 farscape the peacekeeper wars part 1.avi
 farscape the peacekeeper wars part 2.avi
 Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).mkv
 Harry Potter 1 - The Philosophers Stone (2000).avi
 Harry Potter 2 - The Chamber of Secrets (2001).avi
 Harry Potter 3 - the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).avi

Then save the playlist to the drive involved. It won’t work over multiple drives or NAS drives.

Thats as good as it gets for now

Okay, this is crazy.  I finally got my media player to recognize my playlists.  All I did was go into playlist creator, load my playlists, and save them as .m3u playlists.  That is all I did :stuck_out_tongue:  The format stayed the same:

/Anime/Lucky Star/Show 1

/Youtube Videos/Video 1

/Anime/Lucky Star/Show 2

/Anime/Lucky Star/Show 3

/Youtube Videos/Video 2

etc… :smiley:

Thanks for the help.