Password does not work

Hi, I lately purchased two portable drives, My Passport 5TB. On the first one I set a password and confirmed it. Two days later I tried to unlock it but it says wrong password. So tried all kind of combinations but without success. Then I installed the second one and also set a password. But also here I can’t unlock, says wrong password. It’s a German laptop I used with a German keyboard. I typed in my password with a US keyboard setup but doesn’t work either. Now I have two locked Passports :slight_smile: any ideas?

Hi,

The WD security protection is a 256-bit AES encryption, and there is no “forgot password” option to reset the password.

We regret to inform you that if you have forgotten the password, the information stored on the hard drive cannot be retrieved due to encryption.

And WD technical support wouldn’t be able to provide a new password or alternative method to access the encrypted data.

Reformatting the drive will erase all the data on the unit, as well as removes the password from the drive.

Note: - Formatting the drive will erase all data on the drive and is not recoverable.

Title: WD Security “Invalid Password Message” or Password Forgotten
Link: [WD Security "Invalid Password Message" or Password Forgotten]