Passport USB 3.0 HDD 4TB - WDBYFT0040BBK - and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hi,

I have bought a Passport USB 3.0 HDD 4TB - WDBYFT0040BBK - and I connected it to my PC in one usb port 2.0 (I have no usb ports 3.0).

The first time the Passport HDD worked well, flawless, but after a bit of time I disconnected the drive and re-connected and now the PC won’t recognize the HDD anymore, doesn’t matter which usb port I use.

WIndows error is: usb device not recognized (code 43).
I tried to uninstall all the usb devices and drivers without success.

The usb port of my PC is ok (other units works well) and if I connect the Passport usb HDD to my laptop it functions well, without any problem (my laptop has windows 10 pro 32 bit)…

Sounds so weird…

Anyone can help me ?

I also opened a ticket to WD support center.

Thanks for the attention

Try method 4,5 & 6.

Hi,

I tried all methods without success…

In that case only option left is to reinstall the OS(assuming it is upgraded/updated win 10,a fresh install is better anyway) if it is worth it for you.You may try that reset/refresh OS too,maybe you won’t need full reinstall then.

Hi,

I re-installed Windows 10 Pro over the old copy, but the issue persist…

Anyway thanks for the advice.

I definitly solved the issue: I bought a Seagate 1teapf 500 USB external drive and it functions without problems.

Not good for the reputation of Western Digital…

I have to agree. You get what you pay for and I only paid $50 for this WD 1T My Passport and can’t get it to work. Maybe if they included a disk with the software on it, it might help!