The default shipped docker is an old version 1.7 … it took me a while to figure it out but here is an installer for the most recent community edition, bundled with the portainer docker management portal, running on port 9000.
Package binary and source available on my new wd package repo.
- install the bin file via wd web ui - applications - manual install
- Installer based on the install instructions for binaries.
- Uses persistent storage mapper, so it survives reboots
- Select configure in the WD web interface to get redirected to portainer running at port 9000
- For manual install, see install.sh and daemon.sh in the bundled source code.
- You don’t need a BTRFS volume as indicated in other guides (thanks for the instructions though!).
- Your docker 1.7 storage mapper is backed up under Nas_Prog/_docker.bak
- If you have issues to get it running, stop the old docker (see further how) and reinstall.
Setup based on linux instructions at https://docs.docker.com/compose/install/#install-compose
dc=/shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/docker/docker/docker-compose curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.21.2/docker-compose-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m) -o $dc chmod +x $dc
I’m looking forward to your feedback!