Os X yosemite and WD my cloud

just upgraded to os X yosemite. my mac now doesnt see my my cloud. wd drivers dont work. any one with the same problem? any suggestion?

Hello

I update to OSX 10.10 too.

Everything works fine. I see all volumes and shares. Time Machine works like on 10.9. I use version:Ā v03.04.01-230

Same issue for me - canā€™t connect to my wdmycloud on final Yosemite build - on betas/GM-builds it worked fine.
Issue can also be caused by firmware upgrade to latest version - both (Yosemite/Firmware-Upgrade) was done by me within a short period of time. // sorry for my mediocre enliglish, Iā€™m not a native speaker :slight_smile:

My problem with Yosemite and WD MyCloud is remote access where shares donā€™t display. Tried latest Java and it still fails.Ā 

Hello all,

We have passed this along to support.

Yes, I just bought a new Macbook Pro, installed Yosemite, and now it wonā€™t recognize my WD My Book for Time Machine backup. Ā I spoke to WD tech support-they said they havenā€™t come out with the update for Yosemite/OS 10.10 yet, waiting on Apple for the info. Ā To check back and download the update when it is ready.

macrobabe wrote:

Yes, I just bought a new Macbook Pro, installed Yosemite, and now it wonā€™t recognize my WD My Book for Time Machine backup.  I spoke to WD tech support-they said they havenā€™t come out with the update for Yosemite/OS 10.10 yet, waiting on Apple for the info.  To check back and download the update when it is ready.

Interestingā€¦ updated to Yosemite last week when it was released then did a TM backup. Worked and still works fine here.

Did you have to update your WD software or do anything else?

No

from Apple support:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10644

1 Like

i suggest tu use smb instead afp

For those of you having issues accessing the device, are you having an issue with the Dashboard (UI), the shares, Time Machine or all?Ā  Also, are you on the latest firmware 4.00.01-623?

@whsbussĀ  -Ā  Are the shares available using the My Cloud Desktop app?

Thanks, the Apple advice here worked:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10644

Thanks for sharing.

More specifically

• went to Finder / Go / Connect to Server

• typed in the known IP address of my WDMyCloud drive

• entered my username / password (previous setup on MyCloud for local admin access)

• returned a list of shares

• clicked on one I needed and viola!

Also, under ā€˜Devicesā€™ section there is a new section called ā€˜Sharedā€™ showing the IP address of my MyCloud drive.

Clicking on that shows all shares of the drive, which I can connect to now.

But TimeMachine backup is still not finding share on for that on same drive.

Am looking to see if there is any manual way to connect to that share via some TimeMachine setting.

Leave it to progress for things to change :wink:

Iā€™m getting this error when I login wd2go.com on the latest firmware.

Backitup wrote:

For those of you having issues accessing the device, are you having an issue with the Dashboard (UI), the shares, Time Machine or all?  Also, are you on the latest firmware 4.00.01-623?

@whsbuss  -  Are the shares available using the My Cloud Desktop app?

Yes the shares are available via the desktop app.

Just reconnect to the WD My Cloud using finder or the method by mentioned linked in this thread.Ā  If youā€™re seeing Java issues, use FireFox.Ā  This is a known issue.

I upgraded to Yosemite also, and I bought a 3TB MyCloud that isnā€™t seen by the setup software. Ā Not available in Time Machine. It does show the default shares in finder.

Not really much good to me at this point. Ā  WD, is a fix coming? Ā I need this functionality and if itā€™s not correctable soon Iā€™ll have to return and go another route.

Mac user.

I got the dashboard installed by going to the IP address of the drive. Ā It let me update the firmware also to 4.00.01-623

I can see shares and manually copy to them. Ā I canā€™t see the drive in TimeMachine. Ā Doesnā€™t show in disk utility. Ā Does show in Finder.

Any advice would be helpful.

Got a call today from ā€œPabloā€, a tech at WD. Ā He took care of my issue quickly and professionally. Ā It really was a pleasure. Ā Iā€™ve got a fully functional drive now, and Iā€™m running a TimeMachine backup.

FWIW, the issue was incorrect or missing mapping. Ā Nothing to do with my Yosemite upgrade.

Can you outline the steps you took to fix this issue? Iā€™m having something similar.

I can see my WD Mycloud through the web interface by plugging in the IP address. the WD Mycloud app sees the drive no problem. My PS3 can see my media on the drive no problem. But my Yosemite finder can see the drive, but canā€™t access it. Clicking on the drive in the finder results in ā€œThe server may not exist or is unavailable at this timeā€. Attempting to log into the drive via nfs by going to Go > Connect to serverā€¦ and punching in nfs://IPADDRESS results in ā€œThis file server will not allow any additional users to log in.ā€

My XBMC, running on an appletv2, can also no longer see the drive through smb. It can see it through upnp, but I prefer smb.

Because smb is not working on either the mac or the xbmc box, Iā€™m thinking this is an issue with the latest firmware update and not with yosemite. all of my issues began immidiately after updating the firmware on the WD mycloud.

Anyone have any solutions for getting file sharing working again? If not, is there some way to roll back the firmware to a previous version?