Os X yosemite and WD my cloud

On a MacBook Air and just installed Yosemite. Everything worked well before the upgrade now I am having issues with the software, Dashboard will not let me login, it goes to the dashboard and then immediately sends me back to login. Password is working because if I enter a wrong one it tells me. The Quickview also installs and is seen in System Preferences but there is no icon at the top of the screen. I try to do a clean install of the software but the WD MyCloud Setup cannot find the drive even though I can connect the drive through Finder and through my existing MyCloud app but not being able to check the Firmware or to reboot the drive is problemsome.

WD Tech Support - Is there an issue with the software and Yosemite?

Hi

I am having a similer problem in that since upgrading to Yosemite my MyCloud drive no longer appears in Finder under ‘devices’ in bottom left of the window. I have tried to re-install using the WD installation software but it cannot find the drive on my wifi network so I can’t progress with the installation
 is this purely a compatibility issue that we need to wait for an update or is there something else I can do? (I am fully up to date with WD firmware updates etc).

I have a non-retina MacBook Pro qith Yosemite and tried to setup my new MyCloud today. My Mac sees it, and using dashboard I don’t have problems working in it, but even though I Installed/uninstalled several times, the My Cloud App won’t work, and only shows blank spaces and “null” everywhere: 

Has anyone else had problems with the App?

I am having the same problem. Can anyone please provide a resolution?

• My Cloud is no longer available in Finder under devices.
  • The app cant find My Cloud on my Network
  • The inetrenet login cant locate my device.

This only happened when I upgraded my Mac.

I know that my device is working as I can connect to it via the my WD TV.

Please help.

I am having a similar problem.  Using Yosemite, on a Mac Mini.  Firmware is v04.01.00-408

After rebooting WDMyCloud Drive thru the browser interface.  

My TimeMachineBackups work just fine.  

After a while ~2hrs, they start to fail, because it can’t find the device anymore and “WDMyCloud” is no longer listed as an available TimeMachine backup disk.

What I noticed is that my Shared drive is named “WDMyCloud” after the reboot, and after a while, it shows as “wdmycloud” and is no longer accessible by the TimeMachine or the WDMyCloud Public alias that was setup during install.  The WDMyCloud-Dashboard is still available and has access to the drive.  The Software WD My Cloud still has access to the drive.

Any suggestions, hints, solutions to this problem?

I have been racking my brain on this for weeks since I moved to Yosemite. It turns out it isn’t Yosemite. I finally found a solution that was used in another of WD’s products. The issue: to connect with timemachine you have to use afp with the IP address of the device. Also, if you are using dhcp on your router, which I am, you need to use a static IP on the device. This is because the IP address can change with dhcp which will mess up your connection to the device. So, do the following:

1. Connect to your device’s admin panel via typing the Ip address into your browser
  2. Go to settings and set your IP address outside of your DHCP scope
  3. Grab the DNS servers off your router and enter. You won’t be able to connect with the mycloud app without that.
  4. Your device will restart
  5. On your MAC, open Finder, and select Go — Connect to Server
  6. Enter afp://x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the new static ip. At this point, it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps!

What is the status of this update?  I can’t access my office files without downgrading back to pre-Yosemite

Did you try what I posted above? I had the same problems and the solution I posted has worked flawlessly

I unfortunately recently purchased this product as a backup for my Mac.  Unfortunately, Time Machine for Mac repeatedly backed up to my internal harddrive and filled it up.  I attempted to recover via WD my cloud (so I could forgot this experiment) and Time Machine cannot connect to recover.  Any ideas??  What a mess

rwspencer wrote:

I unfortunately recently purchased this product as a backup for my Mac.  Unfortunately, Time Machine for Mac repeatedly backed up to my internal harddrive and filled it up.  I attempted to recover via WD my cloud (so I could forgot this experiment) and Time Machine cannot connect to recover.  Any ideas??  What a mess

Hi rwspencer welcome to the Community, are you also using the Yosemite OS?

I too made the unfortuant choice of purchasing the WD My Cloud, sadly this is a decision i am strongly regetting.

I have a mac mini running 10.10 (yosemite)

Retina MBP 15" running 10.10.

Over gigabit ethernet the Mac mini took 22 hours to backup 200gb via time machine

over wifi on the MBP it is saying 3 days for 120gb

this device is stupidly slow and un usable, completly not fit for purpose.

This was amazing advice!  Thank you

Yes - I am using Yosemite.

I’m having the same issues as everyone else and after an hour phone calle the WD rep could not help me. 

Could you clarify a few things on your suggested instructions below?  I am not very computer saavy.

1. By “_Connect to your device’s admin panel via typing the Ip address into your browse_r”, do you mean my MyCloud device or the router?  Is it the same IP address that is listed under ‘Network’ in ‘System Preferences’?

2. Where is ‘settings’? On my Mac or in the browser after I type in the IP address?

3. I’m assuming I will be able to get the DNS servers once I am able to follow steps one and 2 above. 

I think I am okay from here.

Thanks!

Since upgrading to YOSEMITE, backups are useless. 3 days for 180GB
 WD, are you going to fix this???

Does not help at all. Backups are so SLOW this device is useless.

I’m having the same issue.  I cant access the drive via the IP address in my browser bar.  

Just updated to Yosemite.  I had the same problem two months ago with another minor update.  Last time I just had to wipe the desktop app and my mobile app and reinstall.  This time no luck

I can still access the drive from my TV to serve movies, but the MAC can no longer see the drive.   I tried to manually connect via finder “connect to server” using multiple paths that had worked previously.

Are you guys having these issues after updating your My Cloud to the latest firmware?  

Pablo from we customer care walked me through a hard reboot. This worked when device was plugged into my Mac directly but then failed again after I shut down and restarted the laptop. I was trying to write files and it was running very slow. Now the Mac can no longer see the drive again.

Most recent version of firmware is installed. I’ll try another hard reboot of the device. I’ve spent a couple of hours on this. Customer service was very good. Worth the call. Any standard fix would be a huge help.

Just so you all know, we are investigating this issue.