Only inside home network

Is there way to set mybook live to be accessed only inside home network wirelessly?

So for example if I am on 3G network I cant access it but if I am inside my wireless home network I can access it.

Are you talking about with WD 2go?  Or just in general?  Because in general, there’s no way to access the MBL via the outside unless you specifically set up your router to do it.

well i am not sure using app or not.

I have iPad which is Wifi only and iPhone which obviosly is wifi and 3g. Both of them have WD 2go installed.

What I want is to use the app but only on wifi…

When i try to access mybook from 3g app prompts me with message something like this “x ammount of data will be used” and I can say yes or no to that.

Is there a way to prevent access to mybook from outside network and how?

I also posted question earlier in the forum on how does mybook work in the cloud. I couldnt find any info about it on wd website.you happen to know anything about this?

stribor wrote:

well i am not sure using app or not.

I have iPad which is Wifi only and iPhone which obviosly is wifi and 3g. Both of them have WD 2go installed.

What I want is to use the app but only on wifi…

When i try to access mybook from 3g app prompts me with message something like this “x ammount of data will be used” and I can say yes or no to that.

Is there a way to prevent access to mybook from outside network and how?

I also posted question earlier in the forum on how does mybook work in the cloud. I couldnt find any info about it on wd website.you happen to know anything about this?

You can disable the port forwarding on your router, which will prevent the apps from being able to access the MBL.

but if I block forwarding would this still allow me to use the app from inside my home on wireless network?

Is this app only way to stream movie from mybook to iPad?

Yes, because port forwarding is a ROUTER function.   Within your own network, your router isn’t used.

Tony, I think the man needs a simple solution.

Well, if he’s disabling the “Remote access” from MBL then the only way to access MBL is within local area network, right?

No.  Disabling remote access will prevent WD 2go / WD Photos from working – even on the local network.

Ah, my bad!