NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

NOTICE:  WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections to devices are slow or unavailable

WD is actively investigating this issue and is hoping to have the problem resolved soon.

For the latest update on service issues for My Cloud and My Book Live, please visit http://www.wdc.com/en/MyCloudUpdate/

We know what the issue is and are in the middle of fixing it.  However, you may continue to experience intermittent connection issues until the fix is fully implemented.

Hi, I havent been able to acess my drive remotely for days, have just re-booted all my equipment and the drive and it still says failed, any idea as to when this will be fixed?

Thanks

P.s   www.wd2go.com is also completely unavailable

Any ETA on a solution? Helpdesk already answered five hours ago with “Unfortunately we have currently outage of the servers that actually manage the remote access service. According to the latest information I received, it should be up and running today.”

The issue has been going on for almost two days now. Between the WD people on the forum and the CS resps I personally dont think any of them have a clue. I have been told 10 differnt stories from there flipping the switch as I talk to you but it will be slow to you should be able to get on tonight. However, whenever I am able to get on the systems on WD’s end tend to fail and the problem starts all over again. 

We are aware that our My Cloud and My Book Live users are currently experiencing issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We are working very hard to resolve these issues and will resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience.

This must be an April Fools post as I have not seen any progress !!!

We have made significant progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers. We are in the process of validating connections for our entire user base. We recommend that if you are still experiencing connectivity issues to restart your My Book Live or My Cloud device. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

For the latest update on service issues for My Cloud and My Book Live, please visit http://www.wdc.com/en/MyCloudUpdate/

I’m just about reaching the end of my rope here with this issue that seems to have no resolve.

I own a WD EX2 and a My Book Live units.

I have made all kinds of attempts to logon through the wd2go.com page in order to map and use my share on my pcs.

This was not an issue in the past. I maintain my quickbooks company file in a share which is then mapped on both pc’s. at work and my home office. this has allowed me to work at both sites and keep the company file up to date regardles what location i was working at. that was a beautiful thing. but now all of a suddent, no access to my shares using wd2go.com and wd has no workaround to this and support has been useless. no replies to my emails etc…

has anyone found an answer to this? my fingers are raw from googling the issue and noone seem to know.

I would hope for a Desktop app that would allow mapping to the current remote location.

Perhaps implement this in the WD My Cloud desktop app.

Maybe Add “Map Share” to the right click on WD My Cloud desktop app. I’d be happy with that.

I guess WD is NOT the way to go.

Any info would be appreciated, this includes you, WD.

Thank you.

LoCoLajas wrote:

I’m just about reaching the end of my rope here with this issue that seems to have no resolve.

I own a WD EX2 and a My Book Live units.

I have made all kinds of attempts to logon through the wd2go.com page in order to map and use my share on my pcs.

This was not an issue in the past. I maintain my quickbooks company file in a share which is then mapped on both pc’s. at work and my home office. this has allowed me to work at both sites and keep the company file up to date regardles what location i was working at. that was a beautiful thing. but now all of a suddent, no access to my shares using wd2go.com and wd has no workaround to this and support has been useless. no replies to my emails etc…

has anyone found an answer to this? my fingers are raw from googling the issue and noone seem to know.

I would hope for a Desktop app that would allow mapping to the current remote location.

Perhaps implement this in the WD My Cloud desktop app.

Maybe Add “Map Share” to the right click on WD My Cloud desktop app. I’d be happy with that.

I guess WD is NOT the way to go.

Any info would be appreciated, this includes you, WD.

Thank you.

LoCoLajas,

It’s best not to post your issue in a thread that has to do with another issue but rather instead open a new thread with this issue.