NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

Well, I can appreciate the fact they are still working on this issue…but to go for days and only get the same message is not acceptable in my eyes…

More needs to be done quicker and better to support those who support you…

as an hardware engineer myself I sympathise for the guys bustin their hump - for us - just tell me where to send pizza and beer =]

• because for the five nines of the time when the service is running fine… us users dont say diddly squat… thanks for your supposrt and diligence.

Zen

1 Like

A product or service as buggy and unreliable as MyCloud drives should still be in beta testing and not being sold to the retail market. If this problem isn’t resolved on Monday morning when I’m back in the office, I’m going to nuke the drive and return it to Staples. Who’s with me? Maybe a mass return by consumers to the retailers will make enough of a wave to flow uphill and get something done or at least send a message someone beyond the tech support call center at WD will hear.

Bill,

Yesterday you stated that you all knew what the issue was and were fixing it. I don’t feel that we are asking too much to be informed of the issue since we paid to buy these. Since you know what the issue is can you let us know?

Also, does anyone know a program or way of setting up a secure remote connection to the NAS without using wd2go? If I have to buy software or pay to have it setup then that would be fine by me. I would like to have a more reliable service. I have a lot of work files I must access 24/7 while I’m on the road.

OC247, this isn’t a new service. It’s been around for about three years now. This is the first time to my knowledge they’ve had a service-side interruption like this… So this is definitely not a “beta.” It’s been working since the My Book Live changeover from Mionet…

OC247 wrote:

A product or service as buggy and unreliable as MyCloud drives should still be in beta testing and not being sold to the retail market. If this problem isn’t resolved on Monday morning when I’m back in the office, I’m going to nuke the drive and return it to Staples. Who’s with me? Maybe a mass return by consumers to the retailers will make enough of a wave to flow uphill and get something done or at least send a message someone beyond the tech support call center at WD will hear.

I would never use a MyCloud for important office data.

See

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Alternatives/td-p/707850

SectorGZ wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:
That’s weird… All four of my NASes (1 EX4, 1 Cloud, 1 MBL and 1 Duo) have been working the whole time. I wonder if it’s a regional issue.

Scotty: your NAS connectivity doesn’t change based on where you are… Whether your client is WiFi or cellular, your NAS doesn’t know.

Same here, I haven’t lost connection to WD2GO at all. Maybe you’re onto something TonyPh12345 about it being regional.

I guess I spoke too soon :(  , Now I can not connect either and it was working 8 hours before. :dizzy_face:

Yeah, same here…

Lack of tranparency into the cause and no ETA makes me think it may have been hacked.

Question for the seniors user:
Is this the first time that this problem occurs , or is something that we need to live with?
Thanks

Korbend wrote:
Question for the seniors user:
Is this the first time that this problem occurs , or is something that we need to live with?
Thanks

As far as I can recall, WD 2go (a/k/a My Cloud) has not been down like this since it launched back in 2011.

1 Like

Thanks , Tonyph
I’ll wait then

Not that I can speak from experience as I have only had my unit for a few months (during which time I have not experienced any issue), but I am hearing from multiple Level 1 support personnel that this is in fact the first time this service has had an outage.

Not sure if others can confirm this or not…

Regardless, having a more proactive service notification to their end users would be much more helpful rather than a cryptic error message (e.g. “make sure you are connected to the internet”, seriously?).  Perhaps building this into a future firmware update would be possible and very much more helpful?

I’ve had mine just over a year and I don’t remember it ever failing before this. I would say the length of time it’s been down is pretty major.

UPDATE

I just spoke to a tech who asked right off the bat if I was calling about My Cloud. He did tell me that he has heard from management that the site will be back up and fixed by tomorrow morning. I asked him multiple times to confirm that is what he had heard. He also told me he has been taking calls from irate customers all day. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed.

Does anyone know how to connect directly to their NAS without the need of wd2go?

Thanks for the update.  It’s encouraging to hear they are giving us an ETA on the fix now.  I have to say, I too asked if there was an alternate means to connect to the device remotely and the Level 1 responded there was not.

That said, I have not attempted to use the SSH connection, but would guess this would only work for internal connections from your home network.

I guess we are out of luck until tomorrow morning…  :)

Is this ever going to get fixed?

I purchased my WD Cloud yesterday and cannot connect even through my local intranet now. I was backing it up but stopped it. Now I cannot get on the dash board or connect to the drive in anyway. Is this due to the outage?

Now is Saturday evening, but the service still doesn’t work! WD’s Concierge Service has answering machine which plays a message only in Spanish! 

Absolutely PATHETIC…

WD are prime tossers…I expect more for my money… LAST WD product I will  E V E R  buy.

Spent all bloody morning trying to sort out an issue that was not mine.

Thank you WD for be such wankers… hope your head of something is looking for a new job now.