NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

What I don’t get is why mobile data doesn’t work but wifi does, even if said wifi is not the same lan as the cloud is on.

OK so I’m new to NAS drives and I have a choice: buy a microserver, disks, software and DIY or; buy a NAS-in-a-box from a reputable company. I pick the easy option and am delighted for exactly 2 days then yesterday everything crashes - I think it’s my fault, I check everything and feel confused. Maybe it’s my ISP, I’ll phone them and spend 1.5 hrs getting them to unblock ports and change IP settings; nope that isn’t it either. What then?

OMG, it’s because the wd2go website is down and NOBODY thought to tell the customers!!!

HOW HARD WOULD IT HAVE BEEN TO PUT UP A MESSAGE OR EMAIL YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH, DARE I SAY IT, AN APOLOGY AND AN ESTIMATE TO WHEN NORMAL SERVICE MIGHT BE EXPECTED!

So much for the easy option, SEE YA WD, I’m taking my custom elsewhere.

Where’s the packaging again and I’ll email Amazon for a return.

Disgusted Newbee!

**bleep**!!! i have reset my Cloud. every thing is lost.

Why is WD not providing a status update?! Come on guys, this is not the way to serve your customers, this **bleep** big time!

TonyPh12345 wrote:
That’s weird… All four of my NASes (1 EX4, 1 Cloud, 1 MBL and 1 Duo) have been working the whole time. I wonder if it’s a regional issue.

Scotty: your NAS connectivity doesn’t change based on where you are… Whether your client is WiFi or cellular, your NAS doesn’t know.

Same here, I haven’t lost connection to WD2GO at all. Maybe you’re onto something TonyPh12345 about it being regional.

Meanwhile I did a factory restore to ensure all settings are back to normal again (I’ve been trying to find out what’s wrong for 2 days already before finding the problem is on WD side). But now I can’t set-up users with a WD MyCloud login anymore…:confounded:

@ stefanj

If you are on the latest firmware it might be due to the issue posted here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/SMB-Permission-problem-with-new-firmware-update/m-p/694190#M9339

I haven’t attemtped to edit any users, shares or add users or shares since this was posted … I am still waiting for a firmware fix for this.

Hi Guys,

I’m a ‘newbie’ on here,

I only purchased the ‘My Cloud’ last week and I find that the remote system has been down since Thursday!

It came back online for a few hours yesterday here in the UK but gone again this morning.

Is this a regular happening or are WD more reliable?

Cheers.

…you will get mixed results from people, so I would that reliability could be in question.

TBFGhost wrote:

…you will get mixed results from people, so I would that reliability could be in question.

Without overstatement I would say that apart from Honored Contributors too many postings here report all kind of problems going back to that very special firmware plastered from bigger NAS into the MyCloud box.

Brought 2of these on Tuesday and I’ve had nothing but issues.
I took the day off work today as i thought the problem was my end. All day I’ve been working in it.
Please for the love of god send us an email when things go down and again once there resolved.

1 Like

When it is working I can’t access from a work computer because Java places a great big warning all over it. So my works computer didn’t let me view it because it’s not prepaid to take the risk.

Yeah mine works under wifi and I don’t mean inside my own network. It works under any wifi out and about. But cellular is a no go. It freaked me out yesterday as I assumed whilst I was stuck at work my while home network had bombed! Thankfully the problem is on WD side.

I do like the cloud tech these days but you are at the mercy of it all working as it should. Cloud services are very prone too outages and become frustrating when things go wrong

Any ideas as to when it will be up and running again?

It will be back as soon as you go out and buy a different NAS. :slight_smile:

Looks like WD just went home to enjoy the weekend? Why is there nobody from their end responding to give us an update?!

Bill, we miss you!

**UPDATE**

WD is lost and doesn’t know when the issue will be fixed. I have tried to go to wd2go and now the site won’t come up. That’s one way of letting customers know there is an issue. I think if you call the support desk they will be able to better answer your questions then here on the forums. It appears WD has gone dark with at least lying and saying they know what the issue is. Easier to ignore I guess.

We are aware that our My Cloud and My Book Live users are currently experiencing issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We are working very hard to resolve these issues and will resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

Bill_S wrote:

We are aware that our My Cloud and My Book Live users are currently experiencing issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We are working very hard to resolve these issues and will resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

Since Weds this same message has been told to us…I think we need more information then simply CUTTING & PASTING the same message for days…

ScottFL386

The whole purpose of this message is to let all of you know that we haven’t dropped working on this over the weekend.  That’s all the information I have at this moment.