NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

Ironic …Wd’s logoline    "  Put Your Life On It "

Yeah…Sure…

I just installed a netgear router with UPnP activated and am in port forwarding mode & still can’t connect!

I wish I knew this before I bought the new router but at least I didn’t mess up the setup

Is port forwarding affected as well?

WD’s logo should be.   WD: Seriously, Don’t Hold Your Breath!

Here is the work around to wd2go. I haven’t had a chance to try it on my Duo yet, but I’m going to setup my own VPN and not use the laggy, down for days WD cloud.

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/openvpn

Yes port forwarding as well

It’s still not working… any update on when will it start working?

Dear WD,

I will be seeking compensation from you tossers…

You did not tell me that your  WDMyCloud device is largely unusable and unfit for purpose if you  ( WD ) fail to maintain YOUR network service.

This is unacceptable and actionable.

I’m a new member of the cloud and at this notice posting.  I don’t see any dates, on Wednesday.  Is there any guess at to when this will be repaired???  If so, I’m sure all would like to know. 

Sunday 3/30/14, 12:32 AM CDT. 

I think it’s pretty terrible that the pop up messages don’t warn you that it’s THEIR problem. I’m sure there are a good bunch of folk like me who bought this in the last few days and spent countless hours opening and closing ports, reseting , re-loading firmware only to find out it’s WD’s end. 

How about an alert that say’s - “Hey guy’s , don’t waste your entire Saturday, it’s our fault” 

Look at all the members here with less than 5 posts. If google wasn’t so good at finding paragraphs I have no doubt we’d all be sitting with our white brick still trying to figure out if it was broken or not. 

Least you got traffic. 

I can’t believe what’s going on… the “my cloud” is a brick since 3 days… wd2go is down… looks like a totally desaster. and therer is no “official” comment on the **bleep** WD homepage.
Hacker attack!? accounts safe?
ehat the **bleep** is going on? where are the [Deleted] mods? a “we are in the middle of fixing” is not enough!!!
that was my last product I bought from WD… and I will tell everybody who listens, whats going on here… first of all macrumors, bgr, … and later on all the german-language pages.

so: fix that problem NOW! and give a statement: NOW! and release a firmware, with a direct access to the devices… not with your [Deleted] WD servers!

The problem started last week and they told me they would have it fixed within 24-48 hours.  A week later… same problem with same answer.  This morning I called and asked if they’ll have it fixed before the end of the weekend and I quote the tech support rep… “Of course we’ll have it running we can’t let an issue like this continue past the weekend”. 

What bothers me is that nothing was mentioned in the product description when I bought my EX4 about it being dependent on WD servers to operate as shown in the marketing videos and such.  If the product description said anything about it being dependent on anything other than what I can control myself I would’nt have bought the EX4. This is the definition of False Advertising.  It’s like buying a new Honda but not being able to start the engine in your driveway because the local dealer is having problems in their own service department.  That said I would expect either a simple accurate ETA on when service will be restored or an overdue explanation as to what the problem is that’s preventing thousands of users from not being able to access our devices as they were advertised.  All the upset users here that are creating new community accounts to simply join in and find out why their clouds are down demonstrate that. 

Misleading messages like this ^^^ leading us to believe there’s a problem on our end is stupid.  I spent countless hours trying to reconfigure my cloud to work only to find out it’s a problem on WD’s end.  Also, all the times I couldn’t get my iPhone to access my cloud on a regular basis and stream media efficiently has been acknowledged now by WD as their fault. This was after upgrading my internet connection to the fastest possible connection here and fighting with my ISP about my upload speed.  Thanks for all the headache and misleading messages WD.

I’m a huge WD fan and have invested more money that I should have in their products with no major issues due to their past reliability.  This present lack of simple communication topped with their inability to maintain servers that effect our personal cloud access along with the blatent false advertising will cause me to rethink purchasing more WD products in the future.  I’m usually one of the first to purchase new WD products but likely not anymore if they can’t communicate with us appropriately.  I did my research and the EX4 was perfect for my needs.  If only it said “Buyer beware this product is based on our own servers uptime to operate correctly” I wouldn’t have bought it.  This is just plain bad business and I’ll be contacting their corporate offices demanding answers on Monday morning.

fix it fix it fix it

WD! Do something! How long are you going to fix it? Week? Month?

Dear WD… I currently own 6 WD Devices and also recommended to some friends ! I am very disappointed to here about the current issue of not being able to access remotely !! This issues needs to become a priority !! Any feed back at all would be appreciated !! 

P.S. Thanks to google to finding this issue ! As I had been rebooting my devices and rebooting my router and disabling my firewall trying to get access ! This has cost me about 2hrs due to lack of info !!

Hope to see a post soon confirming when the system will be up and running !!

My god what a 1st impression!

Bought the 4TB MyCloud yesterday and was like a big kid at Christmas…

Needless to say, talk about dissatisfied! I wasted a whole evening dicking about with my routers firewall setting after reading around the knowledgebase - Nothing on the KB like an alert to say the servers where nackered and that is what is causing my issue!

These people need to get their act together.

Please fix or update at least.

I think the problem is resolved now.

Now I can access  https://www.wd2go.com/ 

PS, I’m from Thailand.

Just been reading through this post my cloud access has failed on my dashboard is this due to the current issue everyone else is having?I can access my cloud through my tvs and laptop no problem but remote access wont connect.Is this a global issue?Iam in the UK and havent been able to remote connect for 2-3 days now

Yes, it’s a world wide issue. 

I’m in the UK too, still seeing the same issue…As the WD guy said, i think connection will be sporadic until they confirm a complete fix. :frowning:

Well this is disappointing…

It would appear that this has been going on for a few days now. Seem’s abit stupid as I can’t do anything without registering the product on the WDMyCloud.com website.

When will this be resolved? I bought my product yesterday and naturally I want to use it… especially at the price it cost!

Well, it seems to be working again. I can login to WD2GO and access my My Cloud. It took awhile, from the dashboard, to re-establish, a connection but when it did I was able to access my shares.

I have some transfers to accomplish so I hope it is a permanent solution and not a temp fix.