New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 1.16.13 (7/23/13)

wongnog wrote:
How about a reply from Bill_S, the Community Manager? He should have insight on eta for the next firmware release. Any information would help.

Hmmm, I’d say that the reply from robothief, one of the boards moderators is word enough don’t ya think? You are on a user based board, so you are probably not going to get much internal WD information about release dates etc.

-P

@Robothief - Thanks for your answer. Even if very formatted, at least you shows official WD team is still here.

As you have said, purpose of official forum is to allow customers helping each other, but as well to allow WD having a direct communication channel with them.

On the second aspect, we all admit it goes one way only: from customers to WD. Not really my definition of “communication”.

When I see other official support forums (like Philips one), I do believe WD is going the wrong way not being enough “open” to customers. Even more with customers who spend time trying to communicate with WD through this forum.

Thanks anyway, I will contact WD tech support as requested.

fredfbe wrote:

@Robothief - Thanks for your answer. Even if very formatted, at least you shows official WD team is still here.

As you have said, purpose of official forum is to allow customers helping each other, but as well to allow WD having a direct communication channel with them.

On the second aspect, we all admit it goes one way only: from customers to WD. Not really my definition of “communication”.

When I see other official support forums (like Philips one), I do believe WD is going the wrong way not being enough “open” to customers. Even more with customers who spend time trying to communicate with WD through this forum.

Thanks anyway, I will contact WD tech support as requested.

Sorry, guys.  It took me a bit to get a response for this.  Yes, another update is planned and hopefully soon.

Bill_S wrote:> Sorry, guys.  It took me a bit to get a response for this.  Yes, another update is planned and hopefully soon.

Thank you!  Thank you SO MUCH for the reply Bill_S.  This is exactly the kind of 2-way communication we’d like from WD.  Simply update us on when the next FW should be released, or let us know if it’s delayed, etc etc.  It’s all very much appreciated.

wongnog wrote:

Bill_S wrote:> Sorry, guys.  It took me a bit to get a response for this.  Yes, another update is planned and hopefully soon.

Thank you!  Thank you SO MUCH for the reply Bill_S.  This is exactly the kind of 2-way communication we’d like from WD.  Simply update us on when the next FW should be released, or let us know if it’s delayed, etc etc.  It’s all very much appreciated.

You are welcome.  However, keep in mind that we are not usually apprised of the status of firmware releases until they are going to happen.  This one is still most likely in testing, but I was able to confirm at least that it’s on its way out.  :smiley:

Thanks a lot Bill_S for your answer.

Happy to hear an update will be released soon and WD is taking into account customers reports :smiley:

Will patiently wait.

Is there a special reason why the thread for 1.15 is pinned, but not this thread for 1.16?

Obviously, I messed up.  Thanks for the heads up.  It would have been nice to have had this pointed out sooner.  Well… it might have been, and I may have missed it.  :cry:

No biggie. :slight_smile:

My unit never detects new files via My Media Library. The only way it does is if I do a manual rescan. I have no issues if I use a Media Server like playstation media server, or if I use Network Shares. All my content is on my windows 7 machine. Both computer and wdtv are wired into my router. Under Network Source Management, I have auto scan set to once an hour. I’ve seen no difference if I select during standby only.

Is this behaviour normal for the wdtv?

wongnog wrote:
I’ve seen no difference if I select during standby only.

Do you actually put it in Standby, or turn it OFF?  If you’re turning it all the way off, it won’t scan.

Device is restarting every time when YOUTUBE video is ended.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Do you actually put it in Standby, or turn it OFF?  If you’re turning it all the way off, it won’t scan.

Okay maybe I have things confused…  what is Standby mode?  How can I tell the difference when I power down my device?  I have a Harmony remote and I think I read how it actually turns the unit OFF instead of Standby, but I’m just confused on the difference…

wongnog wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Okay maybe I have things confused…  what is Standby mode?  How can I tell the difference when I power down my device?  I have a Harmony remote and I think I read how it actually turns the unit OFF instead of Standby, but I’m just confused on the difference…

If you are turning it off there will be two boot up screens with black gap between them when turning back on.

A short press of the off button on the remote puts it in standby.

A five seond or more press of theoff button shuts it completely off.

One way to tell if it’s in standby is that it will still respond to network activity such as browsing the file share, or login in via web browser, etc. If it’s off none of this works.

Another way to tell is that if it has been off for a while, the unit will be cool to the touch. If it’s in standby it will be warm.

Thanks guys. What do you mean by in standby mode it will respond to network activity or login via web browser? How do you login to the wdtv on a web browser?

wongnog wrote:
My unit never detects new files via My Media Library. The only way it does is if I do a manual rescan. I have no issues if I use a Media Server like playstation media server, or if I use Network Shares. All my content is on my windows 7 machine. Both computer and wdtv are wired into my router. Under Network Source Management, I have auto scan set to once an hour. I’ve seen no difference if I select during standby only.

Same here.

My device is definitely never powered off, but it doesn’t scan or update its media library in any setting.

I use Linux Sharing (NFS Export). Updates to Media Library always have to be triggered manually.

Login via web brower:

User Manual:  http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf

Page 43 “Using the Web UI”

bluenenschloss wrote:

My device is definitely never powered off, but it doesn’t scan or update its media library in any setting.

I use Linux Sharing (NFS Export). Updates to Media Library always have to be triggered manually.

See this thread. So far no solution.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Automatic-Get-Content-Info-No-Longer-Works/m-p/601167

That thread IS a solution.